E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > [SAN DIEGO] Impromptu Meet-Up for Sat. 10/13/18 and general SD Meet-Up Talk

10-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Exclamation [SAN DIEGO] Impromptu Meet-Up for Sat. 10/13/18 and general SD Meet-Up Talk

Hey San Diego crew! I saw posts in multiple different threads about interest in a meet-up in San Diego. I am totally cool with hosting and organizing, so I figured I would create a dedicated thread.

SD Garage was where some folks were recommending up in Escondido. I've personally never been there but it seems like a cool spot, although we would need to let the owners know so we don't impede their business or property. The other consensus was that Saturday was a good day for everyone, so I think we should go with that until further notice. I'm thinking 10AM is a nice time.(Let me know what you think about that.)

I also know the owner of a parking garage in central San Diego, about 2 minutes off I-5. We could happily meet-up there. It is right off of the bypass on Carmel Moutain Rd. (Exit 32, I5). I know a couple of other spots in;
-Solana Beach/Rancho Santa Fe(probably my favorite roads in SD, bougie rich people, nice and quiet, they also have an exotics Cars and Coffee in the mornings on Sat. that we could crash. )
-Sorrento Valley(lot's of quiet spots right off of I5/I805 split)
-Vista
-MiraMar(some great, big lots there that I know we can use)

Please if you have interest let me know;
1)Time on Saturdays you are available/would prefer.
2)Your location in San Diego County, so we can gather everyone's and see where the best meeting locale would be.
3)Any recommendations for spots that you have.

I am thinking we can meet-up in the morning and talk for a bit, then go cruise for lunch somewhere! Sounds like a fun Saturday morning to me!

One thing to mention:
This will solely be just a meet-up to introduce ourselves to each other and talk, nothing too crazy. I have a group of friends(not all BMW) that go up to Palomar Mountain every 3rd Sun. night and do some racing/carving up the twisties. I figure we can organize something similar in the evenings to really mess around with the cars and do some 1/4 mile or downhill runs after we have a couple morning meet-ups and get acclimated with each other. Any input on this is welcome. Obviously this won't be for everyone, but I'm sure some of you would like to so I'm just putting it out there.

Last edited by Fritzer; 10-11-2018 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 01:24 AM   #2
Gencheezzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

Im down to meet in miramar or even at SD Garage so i could also check the shop out.... really up to you guys and the earlier the better like 10-11am would be great for me. But cant make it every week
Appreciate 0