E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Melbourne or Western Suburbs Mechanic recommendations

10-16-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
ScramblerAU
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i

Melbourne or Western Suburbs Mechanic recommendations

I know its an age old question - any TRUSTWORTHY recommendations on where to take my 2009 323i for a service?

Used to be a great mechanic in Hoppers Crossing but looks like he's no longer around.

My next go to is BMTech in Essendon, but I seriously dont trust them based on they always seem to find a few thousand $ worth of work .. while the car always seems fine / is getting driven less and less especially after Covid. Yet, they manage to always put together a new list of very questionable issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #2
YorkFieldX
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D (RHD)

Are you sure the issues are questionable? If you suspect they may be trying to overcharge you, why not go and get a second opinion on those exact issues they've pointed out?
From my experience a more paranoid-like, thorough approach to euro maintenance (specifically preventative maintenance) always pays off in a long run, especially if you want your BMW to perform on a road like a BMW rather than a Kia or similar
On a 2009 car majority, if not all wear items in drivetrain and suspension should have been swapped out by now- there are a lot of things you don't want to wait for to be broken in order to be replaced.
All in all, on majority of new-to-me 5+ year old cars, I would treat no recommendations/suggestions as "she'll be right mate" attitude, with more suspicion than a list of recommendations worth a few thousand dollars worth of work done.

An example or list of things of what those guys suggested you do on your car would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2022, 03:26 AM   #3
naenae
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i DCT FBO

TN motor Repairs.

https://johnnys-autocare-repairs-car...edium=referral
Appreciate 0