E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK BMW Dealers: General Opinions?

08-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #177
LawrenceM-Sport
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Coupe M Sport

I bought my car from Sytner Birmingham Summer Row yesterday and apart from a slight problem and a rant they appologised and gave me a decent deal. Quite impressed.
      08-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #178
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

Just been to Stratstone at Doncaster. Took both kids who caused absolute mayhem. Salesman bent over backwards to give me the deal i wanted. I think he just wanted the kids out of the showroom
Even rang me on the way home to improve the px offer
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #179
dubbers
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Alpina D3 Biturbo

Good experience with purchase of my D3 Coupe from Sytners in central Brum and Cotswold BMW in Hereford for my X3
09 E92 Alpina D3 Biturbo #0079
09 E83 X3 2.0d Xdrive SE
07 B7 RS4 Avant
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #180
gerbil_b
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Skoda Octavia DSG TDi

Garage List
2008 318i  [0.00]
2006 Hyundai Coupe  [0.00]
Bought mine in calterdon, inverness. Gave me a good deal on the car and a good price on my px. They didnt even phone up ranting when the car i px blew its engine 2 days later (wonder why i was selling it???) Then i had the problem with my ECU and MAS sensor, they picked the car up from the island gave me a courtousy car and had it outside my house within a week!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #181
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

Stratstone Harrogate

1st service booked in last Tuesday for today (done about 18k) and when you book you get a text and another the day before...Sunday!
Took it in at 8.30 and got it back at 15.30, provided my own oil, no problem and £123 for service. They have reset the satnav as it kept sending me in the opposite direction to road signs and my Garmin (which is never wrong) so I will have to check that on the next rip out and the CA wasn't always letting me open the boot. Apart from that it's been a dream! 19,000 until the next service

oh, and they are very obliging and helpful
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #182
chris330D
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Hi, I'm new here but have bought 2 3 series from Vines of Gatwick. Sales are very good and will give you a double digit discount if you push hard but the service..... Let's just say you have to hope it is not anything outside of an ordinary service!! My last car developed a rattle after an oil change, ligetd the bonnet and found a tool (looked like a screwdriver with a spiked end) sat on top of the engine They also try to charge you for 'fault finding'.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 07:18 AM   #183
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Nine Elms

Ive taken one of our cars to Nine Elms this morning for some warranty work and its there now. I asked for Battersea when I booked in but didn't really know both Park Lane sites are in Battersea. It seems like a small workshop too, not that it matters but I was expecting a large centre.

I remember E92fan and others mentioning to go to Battersea, not Nine Elms. Lets see how this goes.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #184
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

Rybrook / Shrewsbury = I had dreadful experience

Bought my 335d from them and was a sour deal. Young salesman who sold me the car talked me into buying the car I test drove, despite my reservations over the wear to the leather bolster, general filth on the leather and some bodywork problems. I was essentially assured the car would be 'like new' and concerning their bodywork guys 'You'll be amazed at what they can do'.

Picked up after they'd taken a week to 'prep' the car, and car covered in filthy grime, leather bolster looked like it had been repaired by my two year old and bodywork repairs were pathetic. I certainly would not have described it as 'prepping or detailing a war', and I certainly was amazed at what their guys had not bothered to do.

I was assured all would be put right within an hour (like they'd got this far in a week) and I refused to take the car. I was so put out I refused to take it period and argued it was in breach of contract.

An argument ensued and a senior member of the sales staff later over the telephone assured me I could have my deposit refunded.

To my amazement, the sales manager then phoned me the day I was supposed to receive my refund and point blank refused to refund my deposit even when I threatened to take legal action.

He did agree to compensate me for the inconvenience caused and my loss of time and to fully make good the repairs. The seat was re-upholstered and the bodywork was fixed.

Having been told by one sales manager I could have a refund then having the general sales manager override this, I was somewhat shocked. Certainly I shall never buy a car from them again and it casts doubt over what I expected was supposed to be an easier experience trading my car at dealer.

Buying beware I suppose they say. My advice, be pessimistic of (at least this) dealers detailing quality and do not put down a deposit until the car is seen as promised. Better still, do not put down a deposit at all (at least unless it is fully refundable).

Read that small print carefully and ignore arrogant assurances provided by fly sales staff!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #185
bally191
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2015

Sytner in Chigwell...nice enough people (except for the Service Manager) but shocking prices. First Oil Service on my Alpina D3 = £275+VAT !!!!! I think their oil has gold within it.

Bodywork from this dealership is just plain shocking too, they cannot finish a car without compounding the issue, 1 year on and they still haven't got my car right. Accomodating people but not able to do the job right, Service manager is just plain rude. Will post further details on my Sytner nightmare.

Sytner High Wycombe ....can't get served!! everytime I go in there everyone just ignores you until you approach someone...not good customer service at all. However on the plus side I did get my 1st oil service done there, very reasonable rates and great booking in service (thanks to Akwinder), and you can watch your car being serviced.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #186
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Edition Sport

Hi Bally

Sorry to hear that you were not best pleased with Chigwell. Please drop me a PM and let me know what went wrong so I can try and put things right.

Cheers
Darren
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #187
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Sytner Coventry - I went to pick up my brand new E92 and some dullard had parked it under a tree and the car was covered in pollen / sap, which wouldn't wash off. They had to take it back (but we can't fit you in until next week) to prepare it properly but I had to take my new car home with everyone saying "Ooh what's all that yellow stuff....."
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 05:50 AM   #188
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Sytner Leicester

Bought the car blind (didn't have time to drive there from Cornwall) but Approved Used whicn was a first. It was such a good price that I bought it as soon as I saw it (after discussing with wife!) I was quite demanding asking for loads of pics, the service log sheet, HPI check and loads of other questions - it was a 56 reg with 16k miles.

The car was fully serviced, MOT'd fully prepped (it literally looks like new - the only bit they missed was a cupholder in the rear centre armrest and the middle rear seatbelt was stuck - being sorted next week), fully Supagarded in and out, gave me the full Supagard Pro kit (a car nerd's dream and probably worth over £100), delivered it, picked up my old car without hardly a second glance (I spent ages cleaning it too!) - the only extra I had to pay for was a years road tax - which they sorted.

The easiest, most pleasant and decent car purchase I have ever made.

Highly recommended.

Speak to Tim Boniface if you are looking for an Approved Used BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #189
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Sytner Sheffield today

New plates, wipers, microfilter. While you wait. Bob on. Good welcome, drinks for me and the kids, done on time, all as it should be. (albeit they clearly need more room), book stamped (which often gets forgotten) and a 12.5% voucher of any bmw parts left on the passenger seat.

Sandal, Wakefield, on Wednesday. Wheels refurb, Bob on again.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #190
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
BMW COBHAM in Surrey....great customer service! and service guy is very helpful!!!...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #191
jlayfi
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i MSport

Lloyd Colne...Lancashire

Picked up my 330i MSport last night from Lloyd Colne in Lancashire. Absolute pleasure to deal with Richard Turner, nothing was a problem and he kept me informed every step of the way. It’s been a breeze buying from them and I really enjoyed my drive back through Skipton to Harrogate. Superb scenery, superb car.

I'd buy from them again - in fact my Mrs now quite fancy’s a 1 Series, so I may be back sooner than I thought.

Cheers, Jamie.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #192
Jinxy
Private
England
Rep
Drives: X3M

Stratstone Doncaster...reminds me why I vowed never to buy another BMW again and now wish that I had stuck to that vow. So pissed off at the moment thinking about chopping the car in after 5 weeks so I don't ever have to deal with them or BMW again...EVER
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #193
Jinxy
Private
England
Rep
Drives: X3M

The questions are...

Did the dealer know they didn't have a fully stamped up service history before they sold the car?
Where is the HPI certificate?
Why has it got a coupe/cabro manual?
Where has the warning triangle gone?
Did they know its had front driver side corner damage which has been poorly repaired?

and the most pressing thing...Will I ever get a call back from them or the BMW Head Office Customer Services...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #194
grr
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE Sport

Snows - isle of wight

Went to Snows for a look round. Saw a year old 320d that had just come in and was waiting preperation. They took our details to arrange a test drive - 3 weeks later heard nothing. Salesmen are up themselves.

Bought new car from Park Lane and the service was great. Not the first to have encountered the attitude "You live on the Isle of Wight, where else are you going to go ?"
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #195
NightVisitant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M-Sport 2011

------
Stephen James BMW - Enfield
------
Bought an E87 116i SE - car was supplied with a 10-15cm scratch (hidden with polish) on the bonnet, salesman did not make it clear that is was not an ED model until we collected, even though the specification online was sporting the new ED features and
tech numbers at the time of order.

The 1'er went in for its brake fluid change at the 2-year mark and came back with no rear wiper arm, had to go back in 2 days later (I presume it happened in their auto car wash, which if you take time to observe, looks and sounds very harsh on paintwork.) They accepted liability.

I find the staff unpleasant, particularly at the service reception, and rather disinterested in your needs as a customer -arrogant perhaps a befitting term. Amenities are not lacking- coffee, Wi-Fi etc are all there.

Our E60 was also bought from there, but only because we were confronted by such a different salesman while the 1'er had its first oil service - and eventually resulted in the sale going with him (figures were right too). So in sales it depends on who is seeing to you. Service, I find them all rather unhelpful and disinterested.

------
Wood BMW - Hampshire
------
Purchased our first 2004 E60 from them. All-round good service. Nothing to complain about. Not the biggest or most fancy dealer in the south-east, but I would use them more often if they were not so far away.

------
Sytner - Chigwell (Loughton)
------
Tidy dealership, large bays in their car park. Staff are more friendly and helpful but doesn't apply to everybody. Easy access off the M11 if north-bound, but south-bound travellers have to drive a massive loop to get on the other side of the carriageway due to lack of south-bound exits.

We have a bit of a curse with Sytner dealers, I find their service excellent but the price has never been right, even going back to when they had a dealer in Rick Roberts Way (Stratford). I tend to use Sytner dealers for after-sales but not for whealing and dealing.

------
Sytner - Harold Wood
------
I've noticed the spotlight on these guys in recent forum threads (Glad they sorted out Wafiks issue). Very advanced dealership and pleasant staff in my two visits. First was passing by and popped into the showroom and second was a quick 20-minute rectification of an iDrive fault (E60) that SJ Enfield wanted a whole day for. Courtesy car was on stand-by in case the car had to be kept in. All usual amenities present and very helpful staff. I endeavour to have my upcoming brake fluid and oil change at this dealer. (and lumber SJ Enfield with all the warranty work )
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #196
chumhill
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d M-Sport

Warrington Halliwell Jones.

Services dep are absolutely useless, held on the phone for over 15 mins waiting to find out how I update the warranty information to register it under my name.

Parts, was told that an Ipod retrofit kit would not go in my car knowing dam well it does. Parts are an absolute rip.

Was told coding my car for a CD changer could be £45 or could be £250 hhhmmmm why is it I can plug and play a CD changer into any other bog standard car but the BMW needs to be "Coded" or should I say "Enabled" what a joke. If the MOST network is so great then why cant it detect a CD changer and enable itself.

Oh and on a visit to BMW to ask a salesman about opening times, your right completely up themselves. I thought VW were bad, after owning a few different cars I have found the following:

FIAT - Good all rounder, parts cheap, friendly staff.
Honda - Never really needed parts, everything worked, no problems at all.
VW - Services a joke, they wanted £300 to fix a window winder mechanism, did it myself for £40
BMW - Biggest joke yet, crap parts, up their own arse sales, services don't seem to know what cars they sell or how to service them.

So in conclusion it seems the more expensive the car the worse the service.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #197
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Lloyd Motors Colne
. Nice showroom and polite staff. Salesman did a good job (great lengthy test drive too). I specified certain issues to be addressed (mainly paintwork) before I picked the car up. They were not addressed.

I have since found an issue with MP3 playback and a worn tyre (severe inside edge wear) . The tyre they have refused to do anything about as it has at least 3mm across the width. I am still awaiting an answer re the MP3 even though I have emailed the BMW bulletin that would resolve the issue!!

Now onto the really poor bit - the communication over email. Shocking. It's been a month now since my last email to them and no response. I have now escalated to BMW UK. My email included the Lloyd Motors Colne Principal/new car sales manager / used car sales manager and the salesman who sold me the car.

Why they cannot respond is beyond me. I know people will say phone them - I shouldn't have to - email is enough. Email also allows all the responses etc to be logged incase I needed to pursue further with BMW UK (which as it turned out - I did!!)

Last edited by - Paul -; 10-30-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #198
chris...
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325 e92 M sport

Garage List
couldn't agree more never had a good visit there my most recent issue LCD screen on my head unit went tits took it in they quoted me £900.00!
and £92.00 on top of that if i wanted to keep the head unit!!!!!!!
i worked it out they charge £120 per hour and reckoned it would take 3hrs.
found 1 on ebay £225.00 and i will try and fit my self

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumhill View Post
Warrington Halliwell Jones.

Services dep are absolutely useless, held on the phone for over 15 mins waiting to find out how I update the warranty information to register it under my name.

Parts, was told that an Ipod retrofit kit would not go in my car knowing dam well it does. Parts are an absolute rip.

Was told coding my car for a CD changer could be £45 or could be £250 hhhmmmm why is it I can plug and play a CD changer into any other bog standard car but the BMW needs to be "Coded" or should I say "Enabled" what a joke. If the MOST network is so great then why cant it detect a CD changer and enable itself.

Oh and on a visit to BMW to ask a salesman about opening times, your right completely up themselves. I thought VW were bad, after owning a few different cars I have found the following:

FIAT - Good all rounder, parts cheap, friendly staff.
Honda - Never really needed parts, everything worked, no problems at all.
VW - Services a joke, they wanted £300 to fix a window winder mechanism, did it myself for £40
BMW - Biggest joke yet, crap parts, up their own arse sales, services don't seem to know what cars they sell or how to service them.

So in conclusion it seems the more expensive the car the worse the service.
Appreciate 0