E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > PDC rubber sticking out

12-14-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
Barry0305
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318i E90

PDC rubber sticking out

I have been looking for a car for my friend (who's not much of an expert but is looking for E90 LCI or E92 LCI) for some time now and found a fairly mint looking E92 from 2012. The only odd thing I've noticed about it is the following: the rubber casing in which the PDC sensor is located, seems to be sticking out slightly to moderately on some of the front sensors (as if someone tried to pull it out or something). The sensors themselves appear to be located about right, perhaps slightly misaligned. Has anyone come across a car that had this or has anyone got any clue how this could've been caused? My understanding is that even when you remove the bumper the PDC sensors stay in and you only disconnect their cable from the back. I checked the VIN and the PDC came with the car and is not a retrofit.

Any ideas appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

The sensors snap into brackets that are glued to the back of the bumper, the sensors can be removed.

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 0