E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Mixin'-me-trims

10-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
sukder
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Car

Mixin'-me-trims

Hello,

I've just purchased a 320d SE with Burr Walnut interior trim and I'm not sure whether I like it or not (the trim) so have been thinking about changing it.

I called a dealer to get prices for alternatives. Horrified at the cost of new trim pieces and after I had picked myself up off the floor I wondered about mixing trims to kind of reduce the Rover 75 effect of the Burr Walnut.

So I wondered about buying just the centre console trim in a different effect as this greatly reduces the cost. I'm not up for covering the existing trim or painting it as I am concerned about quality and longevity of finish - especially if I did it myself!

I used the BMW website to produce three images. The first is what I have now. The second has the centre console in high gloss black and the third with brushed aluminium.

I'd be pleased to hear what your thoughts are on these. Of course if anyone wants to buy the Burr Walnut trim, I'd be open to offers!

Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
e90Luis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F97 2020 X3MC

Take a look in the Sale section under interior parts. I'm sure there are a few people selling their brushed aluminum interior there.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

If you want to save yourself hundreds, just put vinyl over it... OR you can get a paint shop to paint it whatever color you want - this would essentially match OEM quality, if not better.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
If you want to save yourself hundreds, just put vinyl over it... OR you can get a paint shop to paint it whatever color you want - this would essentially match OEM quality, if not better.
+1