E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Advan performance, E90/E92 "Stealth in-boot" Meth' tank GROUP BUY

05-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_MI6 View Post
im def interested.....
Hey mate,

if you are located in the US, shipping via DHL Express should cost you around $100 AUD.

If you provide me with your city and post code, I can give you a firm shipping cost.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

If you would do a version with integrated methanol pump (I mean, to leave room for the meth pump, maybe even weld some brackets on the tank to attach the pump) I think you would have more success (and I would strongly consider buying). I mean, it's very nice that the fuel tank is stealth but if someone wants stealth, he wants fully stealth meaning that the methanol pump should also be hidden somewhere, otherwise this $700 fuel tank doesn't make sense. There is the option of locating the methanol pump in the front bumper but it's a pain in the b*tt to service it in that location and also the Aquamist wire harnesses are made for pump location in the trunk. Aquamist customers are the ones willing to spend on this expensive tank (because they already paid a lot for the high quality methanol kit) so you should do something to please them
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #25
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Hmm I want one, but I need the cash for my m3 rear end installation
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #26
335_MI6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
If you would do a version with integrated methanol pump (I mean, to leave room for the meth pump, maybe even weld some brackets on the tank to attach the pump) I think you would have more success (and I would strongly consider buying). I mean, it's very nice that the fuel tank is stealth but if someone wants stealth, he wants fully stealth meaning that the methanol pump should also be hidden somewhere, otherwise this $700 fuel tank doesn't make sense. There is the option of locating the methanol pump in the front bumper but it's a pain in the b*tt to service it in that location and also the Aquamist wire harnesses are made for pump location in the trunk. Aquamist customers are the ones willing to spend on this expensive tank (because they already paid a lot for the high quality methanol kit) so you should do something to please them
+10000
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #27
guidance
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey guys,

we are looking to do a large run of in-boot Methanol tanks for the 335i.

What's the capacity?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #28
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidance View Post
What's the capacity?
Hi there
The tank holds 4.5 ltrs
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #29
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Mate I see your point, but at this stage of the game we will not be redesigning the existing tank to accommodate an integrated pump. Perhaps that will happen later but certainly not at this point in time.

I am not too familiar with the 3-Series boot space as I have a 135i, but this is where we mounted a Coolingmist pump on a customer's E92 335i.

The install is clean and it maintains the stealth factor of the tank, the only thing I would change is the use of a Cm pump with a threaded NPT hose fitting as apposed to the push-lock style, inlet/outlet fitting seen here. We would then use a nice Aeroflow NPT to - 4 AN fitting on the pull & push side of the pump and black braided line throughout, to ensure there is no chance of any Methanol leaks from the system.

Could someone please confirm if that CD changer rack is a permanent fixture on any 335i, or is it specific to an optional factory upgrade.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-18-2013 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #30
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:

Could someone please confirm if that CD changer rack is a permanent fixture on any 335i, or is it specific to an optional factory upgrade.

Cheers,

JD.
I'm pretty sure it was standard, then for the LCI 2010 model it became an option (along with the tv)
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #31
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Wonder if it would be possible to switch them?

i.e. put the CD rack on top, and the pump on bottom.

That would be alot more ideal if any leakage were to occur.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #32
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

Quote:

On the 335i (and also on the 135i I think) the CD changer is definitely optional and there is no space in the trunk for the methanol pump other than the space taken by the methanol tank.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #33
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Wonder if it would be possible to switch them?

i.e. put the CD rack on top, and the pump on bottom.

That would be alot more ideal if any leakage were to occur.
Yes, that is very much true. However ideally the pump inlet would also be placed below the minimum fluid level of the tank, so the pump motor remains gravity feed at all times. The above is a nice location for ease of installation, but the pump position was chosen by the customer, it indeed works but as I said it is not ideal.

Quote:
On the 335i (and also on the 135i I think) the CD changer is definitely optional and there is no space in the trunk for the methanol pump other than the space taken by the methanol tank.
Ok, I see.

Based on Peter's preliminary inspection the pump could also be mounted in the cavity that exists in between the rear bumper and bumper support, where apparently there is ample room to do so.

There is also a cavity that conceals the charcoal canister, which could house a Coolingmist pump. It is accessible via removal of the left hand wheel arch splash liner, it is tight but according to Peter there is sufficient space for pump fitment, providing a bit of patience and ingenuity is applied.

There is a third location he mentioned, but off the top of my head I do not recall the exact position.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #34
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
What about an e82 one for me? I have been hanging out for one for months now.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
My wife won't let me meth inject her car! Please o please do a group buy for us 1 series owners....
Hey Gents,

the GB on the E90/E92 is somewhat slow going, to say the least.

As such I am going to open this up to the E82 crew too!

Yeah, it's going to complicate the production run, but at this rate we aint' gonna' see the magical number of 10 units sold, for the GB to go into production anyway.

FYI,

the E82 pricing will be the same as the E90/E92, that being $695.00 AUD including GST for an anodised tank + shipping costs.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-26-2013 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #35
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

in lieu of me opening up the group buy to E82 135i owners, we now have only 3 more spots to fill before the GB can move forward into the production phase.

If anyone was sitting back in the belief that we would not obtain the magic number, now is the time to put your hand up so we can get this GB over the line.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #36
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Gents,

we now have 9 punters, of the 10 required for the GB to move into production mode.

Once again, if anyone was sitting back in the belief that we would not obtain the magic number of 10, now is the time to raise your hand.

Cheers,

Justin.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-18-2013 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #37
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

we have finally reached our minimum number of 10, so the "Stealth in-boot" Meth' tank GROUP BUY is a GO!

I have already contacted a few of the non forum members and they have promptly made payment, thanking you.

As such can I please ask that all the other forum members that have committed to the GB, make payment ASAP so as to not inconvenience the other people associated with the GB.

Payment options are listed in the first post of this thread.

Lastly if anyone else wants in at this price, I am more than happy to add them to the current list.

I will keep the GB open until ALL payments have been received.

However once all payments have been accounted for, the GB will close and the $695.00 AUD tank offer will expire.

After which any future E90/E92 & E82 anodised Meth' tanks will be made to order and sold at $850.00 AUD inc.GST + shipping charges.

Cheers,

Justin.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #38
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #39
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

a big thank you to all the GB'ers that have made payment on their tanks in such a swift manner, it is very much appreciated.

For anyone else that is sitting on the fence and remains undecided, as to whether they should purchase a tank at $695 now or perhaps wait for a future GB, I suggest you promptly "pull the trigger". I suspect we would not have enough punters to ensure another GB would be successful at anytime in the foreseeable future.

However the E82 & E90/E92 anodised Meth' tanks will still be available, but they will be MADE TO ORDER and sold at $850.00 AUD inc.GST + shipping charges.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #40
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Monday morning bump!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
NewHotness
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

I'm in ... deliberated long enough
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #42
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHotness View Post
I'm in ... deliberated long enough
Great!

PM sent and you have been added to the GB list.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #43
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hi Gents,

we are very close to starting production of these tanks.

There is one last payment that I believe went astray due to a banking error, but the customer is most certainly in for the group buy.

For anyone that is considering jumping onboard at the eleventh hour, I suggest you pull the trigger most ricky-tick, as the GB pricing will expire as soon as the last payment is confirmed.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #44
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep

Guys the final payment has been processed, thank you to all who participated and promptly made payment.

However I will keep the group buy open for a few more hours, tick tock tick tock...

Orders received AFTER 5pm today will NOT be invoiced at the GB price.

Any further E90/E92 & E82 anodised Meth' tanks will be made to order and sold at $850.00 AUD inc.GST + shipping charges.

Cheers,

JD.
Appreciate 0