E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E93 Passenger Door Speaker Rattle

11-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
sngencarelli
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93

E93 Passenger Door Speaker Rattle

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.. It's driving me insane. I have an '07 E93 (Vert) with the HiFi audio setup.

Whenever I'm going over rough pavement, it sounds like my passenger door speaker is rattling - it sounds horrible. I know the speaker isnt blown, because if I'm at a standstill or on smooth roads, it sounds fine. It is definitely the speaker interacting with the door somehow.. If I turn off the radio, the sound disappears - no rattle.

I've had the door apart multiple times.. I've checked to make sure that the speaker is fixed firmly to the door panel - which it is.. no play at all. I've hit the back of the speaker when the radio is on with the door panel off, no noise. It's almost as if it's interacting with the foam door panel which separates the interior door from the window components. I've tried stuffing insulation behind the speaker, no luck. All door screws are tight.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue?

Thanks in advance!
Scott
Appreciate 0