E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Eibach Pros on an Msport.... Waste of money

07-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Eibach Pros on an Msport.... Waste of money

Hey guys,

Just got my Eibach Pro kit fitted earlier today. I have an M-sport with an annoying arch gap I wanted to minimise.

I'm truly disappointed with the drop. Probably dropped by 1mm max! yes! 1mm!

Judge for yourself:

BEFORE Eibach Springs:

WITH Eibach Pro kit fitted:

waste of £300 (springs + fitting costs)

Atleast my car's handling feels fantastic now and there seems to be less rolling on corners.... It's probably psychological....

EDIT: My car is a 320i

UPDATE: 18/7/12 - Spoke with Eibach. They confirmed that this is the normal arch gap on a 320i Msport version (14.5cm from tyre centre to arch).

1 WEEK UPDATE: PAGE 5

Last edited by 1sh@Crystalwhite; 07-22-2012 at 05:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

p.s this is what I wanted:

credit terrance 28

credit phozenstone
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

You need to let them settle buddy - check again after 2 weeks. Then you will need a KDS.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
You need to let them settle buddy - check again after 2 weeks. Then you will need a KDS.
+1 and you have small wheels 18's? so i doubt you get that look on eibachs..mines is similar to your photo!

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
av_guy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335D MSport Space Grey

You do need to let the kit settle; at least 10mm to 15mm should decrease in height after two weeks as the previous poster suggested.
E90 LCI 335D MSport|Space Grey|Sunroof|Visibility|F&R Sensors|Leccy Fold Ext Dim Int & Ext Mirrors|Media Pack Pro|Voice & USB|DAB & DVB|HK L7|Black Leather|Leccy Seats|Lumbar & Heat|Type 313 19" Performance Pack Wheels|Trackstar|Protect & Care|Service Inclusive
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #6
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

That would be disappointing. Can't see them dropping that much in settling in, another mm or two but not 15.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
That would be disappointing. Can't see them dropping that much in settling in, another mm or two but not 15.
I agree. Your avatar doesn't say what engine size you have - each set of springs will fit a range of engine sizes, and I know from sad experience on previous cars if your engine is the lightest one of the lot then you get the absolute minimum drop

FWIW the Pro-Kit springs on my 330d dropped it exactly how the other pictures show.
      07-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #8
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Okay thanks sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
+1 and you have small wheels 18's? so i doubt you get that look on eibachs..mines is similar to your photo!
Hey Yoro, thing is, If I upgraded to 19's or even 20's, the tyre profile would change to compensate so overall there would be no change to overall diameter to the alloy + tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by av_guy View Post
You do need to let the kit settle; at least 10mm to 15mm should decrease in height after two weeks as the previous poster suggested.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
I know, that's what i'm feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
I agree. Your avatar doesn't say what engine size you have - each set of springs will fit a range of engine sizes, and I know from sad experience on previous cars if your engine is the lightest one of the lot then you get the absolute minimum drop

FWIW the Pro-Kit springs on my 330d dropped it exactly how the other pictures show.
320i!

I think I will invest in lowering perches to aid the drop!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #9
E90325iM-SPORT
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325i m-sport

Garage List
Wait when they settle mate , they will go a bit lower but dont expect much from pro-kit . I had pro-kit in 5 series and never been happy with stance . I'm sure i never go for prokit any more . H&R or Sportline kit is better option if you want to see your bimmer really lowered and dont want to use coilovers.
      07-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #10
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanbmws View Post
Wait when they settle mate , they will go a bit lower but dont expect much from pro-kit . I had pro-kit in 5 series and never been happy with stance . I'm sure i never go for prokit any more . H&R or Sportline kit is better option if you want to see your bimmer really lowered and dont want to use coilovers.
Thanks for your advice mate! I expected a good drop atleast

But in all fairness the Handling is so much better.... it's as if i'm driving a different car.

hence I'm going to the lake district and to give them a test run on those country roads!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #11
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanbmws View Post
+1
After reading Mart1000 feedback on Eibach Pro kit, and bit of research my shortlist consisted of

H&R
Eibach Sportsline

I had mixed feedback on H&R. Only one lad mentioned that H&R springs are good on UK roads, so I ordered Sportline kit.

Awaiting for delivery and lets see how much drop I get from Sportsline.

Has anybody else fitted Sportsline in UK? Any feedback?

B/W 1sh, I thought you sold these wheels. I have referred 3 guys to you for these wheels. And they are still on your car
      07-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #12
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
+1
After reading Mart1000 feedback on Eibach Pro kit, and bit of research my shortlist consisted of

H&R
Eibach Sportsline

I had mixed feedback on H&R. Only one lad mentioned that H&R springs are good on UK roads, so I ordered Sportline kit.

Awaiting for delivery and lets see how much drop I get from Sportsline.

Has anybody else fitted Sportsline in UK? Any feedback?

B/W 1sh, I thought you sold these wheels. I have referred 3 guys to you for these wheels. And they are still on your car
Awww thanks bro!

Hahaha I decided to keep them, I got some okay'ish offers and thought I'd just keep em for a bit longer!

But let me know how the sportlines are when you get them done bro!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #13
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

I was looking to get some Eibach Pro's to lower my 335i, so are people saying that the drop isn't significant? The problem with the sportslines are they may be too low and as far as I am aware they are linear springs rather than progressive which means they won't have the same comfort\ride quality as the pro kit and may be too stiff for our crappy roads.

Sigh, it seems nothing is ever straight-forward when modding the E9x!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
I was looking to get some Eibach Pro's to lower my 335i, so are people saying that the drop isn't significant? The problem with the sportslines are they may be too low and as far as I am aware they are linear springs rather than progressive which means they won't have the same comfort\ride quality as the pro kit and may be too stiff for our crappy roads.

Misconception.....
If you read small prints of both Eibach kits, both of them are progressive springs.

Last edited by makkan00; 07-15-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

335i engine is about the same weight as the 330d - see the pics in my post for an idea of what drop you should get:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=23
      07-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
335i engine is about the same weight as the 330d - see the pics in my post for an idea of what drop you should get:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=23
Aha, that looks much more like it. Interesting that despite the front springs being visibly shorter, the OP didn't get much of a change in ride height? I understand the engine of a 320 isn't as heavy but shirley the change in spring height should have had some effect?

I see you changed the bumstops at the same time too. Any ideas of the best place to get a hold of replacements?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Aha, that looks much more like it. Interesting that despite the front springs being visibly shorter, the OP didn't get much of a change in ride height?
OP changed M-sports ---> eibach pro (difference is hardly noticeable as eibach kit states, less reduction on sports suspensions).

Paul changed SE suspension ---> Eibach bro + B4 + bump stops. (difference is more as SE---> Eibach + shorter bump stops.
      07-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
OP changed M-sports ---> eibach pro (difference is hardly noticeable as eibach kit states, less reduction on sports suspensions).

Paul changed SE suspension ---> Eibach bro + B4 + bump stops. (difference is more as SE---> Eibach + shorter bump stops.
I didn't MSport to Pro Kit for me.

Pro-Kit says 30-35mm drop. MSport is 20mm drop over SE, so the Eibachs should give a good 10-15mm drop compared to Msport. My results agree with that.
      07-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
wheelie good
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Go clubbing tomorrow night and see if you can pull a large bird

Then tell hey luv you're a gem can we do a bikini photo shoot and get her to sit on the bonnet for a few hours

Job done you're have them springs lowered in 24 hours, none of this 2 week marlarky
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
      07-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie good View Post
Go clubbing tomorrow night and see if you can pull a large bird

Then tell hey luv you're a gem can we do a bikini photo shoot and get her to sit on the bonnet for a few hours

Job done you're have them springs lowered in 24 hours, none of this 2 week marlarky
Done.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
Shahdog
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i mSport Sedan E90 N55

Garage List
2011 335i  [8.66]
Quote:
I agree. Needs time to settle

Did ride quality change?

Did u keep Oem struts?
Lux H8 , HID Fog lights 5k
Appreciate 0