E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Just got a 335i, no idea how to use the tuner on my car

09-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
Tallytuner
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Coupe

Just got a 335i, no idea how to use the tuner on my car

Hey all, I just got my first 335i coupe, an 07 with about 96k that's a stick shift . I love the car to death already; the owner before the gent I bought it from had already installed an exhaust, interior upgrades, intakes, an oil cooler and catch can,downpipes, and a tuner.

Funny thing about the tuner though, nobody can seem to figure out what it is or how to use it right. First, there's a switch under the gas pedal that apparently has two modes, one that's light driving and one for spirited acceleration. Next, there's also a switch near the steering column that appears to be connected to this pedal. It has 3 modes: off, green light, and red light. I can definitely feel a boost increase between off and the green light, and the red light seems to improve throttle response and maybe more boost.

Also, when I turn my phone's BT on, it detects a 'JB4,' but I'm not sure if it's part of the same system or how to use it.

My friend with a 335i who inspected the car tried the steering controls for setting up the JB4, but it seems to have no response on that end.

Anyone have an idea of what this is and could be? I took it to my local speedshop and was advised to take it off if it wasn't a good namebrand product. I wouldn't even know where to currently find it though.

Photo of switch with green light: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bDJOKwaNlez0NUJ63
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

I hope the red/green light is Sprintbooster and not an eBay scam chip.

If it is Sprintbooster, it doesn't change anything except throttle response.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar

Sounds like you might have this product?

Try downloading the JB4 Mobile app and see if it'll connect.
Appreciate 1