E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > M3 and Crackheads dont mix

01-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #155
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1996 911 Carrera Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
There is no reason for the OP to be that way. No bias against the rich, but nothing more fuming that silver spoon babies looking down on those less fortunate.
The poor in our country give a bad name to the poor and what it really means to be less fortunate. Most of them aren't willing to work, or take advantage of SO many opportunies afforded to them by our great nation. They feel entitled and wouldn't know what a hard day's work is. They've made the wrong choices, and have been irresponsible. Maybe had babies that they can't take care of, maybe gotten addicted and arent willing to take the help that is out there to get clean and become responsible, hard working members of society. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR!!

But even though I don't feel sorry for them, the government does. There are programs like welfare and food stamps AND Medicaid to make sure they never go without healthcare, food and the necessities.. A lot of them claim disablilty that arent even disabled. I have ZERO Compassion for these people!!!

On the other hand.Who i DO feel sorry for. The children of these people, those with "actual" mental or physical disabilities. Although, the people with "real" disabilities are also taken care of by this great nation.

I feel most sorry for those in other nations who have no chance, no opportunites that "we" take for granted. Those who are truly starving and depend on "other" nations to help feed them, cause their countrys are too poor and or to corrupt to help them and they die every day of starvation/disease. People in Somalia, India, Ethiopia etc. Or people who live in Cities like Mogadishu. People oppressed and killed by gorilla style militia governments with ZERO regards for their human or civil rights. People In the middle of battles that have NO voice, no food or shelter and no way to fight back. ..and NO opportunies like the ones we have in America. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO GET MY COMPASSION AND RECEIVE MY CHARITY!!

So ya, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the "Crackheads" the OP in this thread was talking about.

1996 911 Carrera Cabriolet

2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2004 M3 Vert, 2008 BMW M3 Sedan, 2001 911 Turbo, 2002 Porsche 911 C4S, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, Porsche Boxster S
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #156
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
There is no reason for the OP to be that way. No bias against the rich, but nothing more fuming that silver spoon babies looking down on those less fortunate.
I don't condone his behavior, but I think I just explained the reason he IS that way. Upbringing. Lack of values - material and moral.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #157
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr0gant View Post
The poor in our country give a bad name to the poor and what it really means to be less fortunate. Most of them aren't willing to work, or take advantage of SO many opportunies afforded to them by our great nation. They feel entitled and wouldn't know what a hard day's work is. They've made the wrong choices, and have been irresponsible. Maybe had babies that they can't take care of, maybe gotten addicted and arent willing to take the help that is out there to get clean and become responsible, hard working members of society. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR!!

But even though I don't feel sorry for them, the government does. There are programs like welfare and food stamps AND Medicaid to make sure they never go without healthcare, food and the necessities.. A lot of them claim disablilty that arent even disabled. I have ZERO Compassion for these people!!!

On the other hand.Who i DO feel sorry for. The children of these people, those with "actual" mental or physical disabilities. Although, the people with "real" disabilities are also taken care of by this great nation.

I feel most sorry for those in other nations who have no chance, no opportunites that "we" take for granted. Those who are truly starving and depend on "other" nations to help feed them, cause their countrys are too poor and or to corrupt to help them and they die every day of starvation/disease. People in Somalia, India, Ethiopia etc. Or people who live in Cities like Mogadishu. People oppressed and killed by gorilla style militia governments with ZERO regards for their human or civil rights. People In the middle of battles that have NO voice, no food or shelter and no way to fight back. ..and NO opportunies like the ones we have in America. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO GET MY COMPASSION AND RECEIVE MY CHARITY!!

So ya, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the "Crackheads" the OP in this thread was talking about.
Man this is a gross generalization that always comes up regarding the poor in the US and how "good" they have it. Trust me man, it's not that fantastic. Yes there are exceptions as you say, for sure, but there are many who are trying - believe me. I think people's lack of compassion for different kinds of people, reflects their lack of experience in life in many ways. I came to the states from Eastern Europe when I was 9. When I go back to visit, sure their poverty is different and in some ways worse. But that doesn't mean I feel less for the unfortunate here.

BTW, more irresponsible have been the rich tycoons that have effed up this entire economy. And this has ALWAYS been the case. The RICH have screwed things up with their greed. For the middle-class, etc. Throughout history. So before blaming the poor and praising the "great" government handouts, bash the government for effin things up to a much larger degree. Bash the rich and greedy. Bash the kings and queens of the past. The poor are the last to bash. Your view is a bit myopic.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #158
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F82 M4

Change the way our incarceration and mental health systems work! People who are mentally ill should not be locked up in jail. They should be sent to psych hospitals and treated there, this was stopped decades ago!!! Most people w mental health issues turn to illegal drugs as you may or may not know. It's a known fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
Yeah man.. most are out there.. but it's a damn shame. It just shouldn't be. What can you do you know?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #159
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbo73 View Post
Man this is a gross generalization that always comes up regarding the poor in the US and how "good" they have it. Trust me man, it's not that fantastic. Yes there are exceptions as you say, for sure, but there are many who are trying - believe me. I think people's lack of compassion for different kinds of people, reflects their lack of experience in life in many ways. I came to the states from Eastern Europe when I was 9. When I go back to visit, sure their poverty is different and in some ways worse. But that doesn't mean I feel less for the unfortunate here.

BTW, more irresponsible have been the rich tycoons that have effed up this entire economy. And this has ALWAYS been the case. The RICH have screwed things up with their greed. For the middle-class, etc. Throughout history. So before blaming the poor and praising the "great" government handouts, bash the government for effin things up to a much larger degree. Bash the rich and greedy. Your view is a bit myopic.
Wow.. thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #160
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep

100% Agree!!!! But we need to make a separation here. There are actually success stories out there, i.e. people who used the system to the fullest and got back on their 2... But unfortunately they are in minority...

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #161
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep

You should try North Korea, China or South Africa... ex-USSR is terrible as well... So yes.. there is a difference... a major one!!!

AMERICA is the best and F%$^* the rest!!! as they say ;-)

I think I am done with this thread!!!! I promise!

Quote:

BTW, more irresponsible have been the rich tycoons that have effed up this entire economy. And this has ALWAYS been the case. The RICH have screwed things up with their greed. For the middle-class, etc. Throughout history. So before blaming the poor and praising the "great" government handouts, bash the government for effin things up to a much larger degree. Bash the rich and greedy. Bash the kings and queens of the past. The poor are the last to bash. Your view is a bit myopic.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #162
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Great points. However, I was speaking in general terms to make a point. I do feel sorry for the less fortunate in this country; however, the lines between the truly "less fortunate" and lazy people scamming the governement is becoming very blurred.

As far as the rich "ruining" the economy; they're not who I'm talking about. That's a whole different conversaion. Those who broke the law, should be punished.

But a system that failed us, simply needs to be amended. Some of this is no ones fault...just an imperfect system.

2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2004 M3 Vert, 2008 BMW M3 Sedan, 2001 911 Turbo, 2002 Porsche 911 C4S, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, Porsche Boxster S
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #163
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3psycho View Post
Change the way our incarceration and mental health systems work! People who are mentally ill should not be locked up in jail. They should be sent to psych hospitals and treated there, this was stopped decades ago!!! Most people w mental health issues turn to illegal drugs as you may or may not know. It's a known fact!
Actually, people with bonified mental health problems do have help. However, just becuase you may have some mental health issues doesn't "necessarily" mean you can't tell the difference between right and wrong. In many cases, when they break the law, they still have to pay.

Some of these mentaly ill criminals have access to help and medicne but choose NOT to accept it.

Edit: It seems half our nation has mental issues of some sort or the other. Depression/Bi-Polar/anxiety, mood disorders, dissociative dissorders, Sexual/gender disorders, impulse/addiction disorders and so many more. Most of these are treatable and it is up to the individual to treat them. There are some worse disorders where the person should be committed. Alhtough, don't forget, sociopathy/psychopathy are clinical mental disorders.

Last edited by arr0gant; 01-29-2009 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #164
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3psycho View Post
100% Agree!!!! But we need to make a separation here. There are actually success stories out there, i.e. people who used the system to the fullest and got back on their 2... But unfortunately they are in minority...

Totally, I have complete respect for them, and they are in turn very grateful to a country that provided them the help, all they needed was to accept it and work "hard" to achieve it.

I personally know some of people who are examples of this. You know what, they don't feel sorry for those who "choose" to look the other way when help and opportunity, resources and people are there for them.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #165
Main33vnt
YOUNG MONEY!
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I, 2008 Range Sport

LOL this was a funny thread... your M3 is probably ridiculous and he just wants one in his crackkhead dreams
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #166
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
On the other hand.Who i DO feel sorry for. The children of these people, those with "actual" mental or physical disabilities.
Everyone is someone's child. The crackhead that you meet on the street could have been raised by a crackhead dad and crackhead mom in a crackhouse and could have been fed a steady diet of crack-rock his whole life. Unless you have intimate knowledge of someone's story, you can't really make a judgement call about them. It doesn't mean you let them do crackhead things around you that threaten you or others, but you can handle the situation with an apt degree of compasion and without piling disrespect and insult on top of everything else.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #167
Heinzftw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Well the bum was just jealous. Bum's are a common in life. I for one have no remorse for such scum. My father was one.

Off-topic. UCSB or SBCC? Best party city EVER
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #168
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Homeless people should be put in concentration camps.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #169
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
Homeless people should be put in concentration camps.
Ya, but then they wouldn't be homeless...

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 11:49 PM   #170
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

Wow so much hate against younger people, before I even get into my story, I hope you all understand that M3 owners in the NYC are 18-25 years old. My friends had e46 M3's since beginning of Senior year of HS. I don't understand whats the big fuss. and why with the hate because our parents can afford the cars for us? dont be jealous, our parents arent "retarded" to buy us nice cars, first of all obviously if they can afford to throw 70k away that means they must be pretty smart to make that kind of money. Second of all because they buy us M3's because it sets a new standard in life. I believe each generation should be advancing from the past, thats why our world improves by each generation. With my parents setting my standards at an M3, i must advance past that standard and work harder in life which helps me set my goals higher. Just because you were once born in a lesser forunate family and would have been immature if you wouldve had an M3 at that age doesn't mean we are. So please get your facts right before you make any dumb comments, this goes for all the people who think parents are retarded for buying there kids an M3 at a young age. Im 19 in my second year of College with a 3.8 GPA taking 18 credits per semester, also working a part-time job also able to go to gym and keeping a very good social life at a good time. And I'm sure most the young owners on this forum are in the same shoe as me, living a beyond respectable life.
      01-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #171
rrobert22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 m3

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #172
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNTASTIE View Post
Wow so much hate against younger people, before I even get into my story, I hope you all understand that M3 owners in the NYC are 18-25 years old. My friends had e46 M3's since beginning of Senior year of HS. I don't understand whats the big fuss. and why with the hate because our parents can afford the cars for us? dont be jealous, our parents arent "retarded" to buy us nice cars, first of all obviously if they can afford to throw 70k away that means they must be pretty smart to make that kind of money. Second of all because they buy us M3's because it sets a new standard in life. I believe each generation should be advancing from the past, thats why our world improves by each generation. With my parents setting my standards at an M3, i must advance past that standard and work harder in life which helps me set my goals higher. Just because you were once born in a lesser forunate family and would have been immature if you wouldve had an M3 at that age doesn't mean we are. So please get your facts right before you make any dumb comments, this goes for all the people who think parents are retarded for buying there kids an M3 at a young age. Im 19 in my second year of College with a 3.8 GPA taking 18 credits per semester, also working a part-time job also able to go to gym and keeping a very good social life at a good time. And I'm sure most the young owners on this forum are in the same shoe as me, living a beyond respectable life.
No one is hating the young or privileged..... the hate is on people like the OP who have a silver spoon in their ass and then also look down on people.

Karma's a bitch....I wish the OP luck.
      01-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #173
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

T Bone....the OP understandably felt threatened, as would I. I, for one, wouldn't stop to give two shits about a raving lunatic homeless man just recovering from his last shot of heroin.

This brings to mind the video of a lady in a PT cruiser in Las Vegas. A black man with no shirt on walks up to the car at a red light and destroys the car with a CROWBAR. You think the lady is sitting there thinking, "Gee, he's so poor, I feel sorry for the homeless and appreciate how forunate I am."

Life ain't fair bro. Just how it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #174
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
T Bone....the OP understandably felt threatened, as would I. I, for one, wouldn't stop to give two shits about a raving lunatic homeless man just recovering from his last shot of heroin.

This brings to mind the video of a lady in a PT cruiser in Las Vegas. A black man with no shirt on walks up to the car at a red light and destroys the car with a CROWBAR. You think the lady is sitting there thinking, "Gee, he's so poor, I feel sorry for the homeless and appreciate how forunate I am."

Life ain't fair bro. Just how it is.

I understand your point and if a man with a crowbar came up to me and started beating my car, he would be wearing my Michelins up his ass, a few times.

I take particular offence to the chickenshit and condescending behaviour of the OP. Giving a person the finger accelerating away.... Looking down on people in his M3. Karma needs to give him a nice lesson.
      01-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #175
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
I understand your point and if a man with a crowbar came up to me and started beating my car, he would be wearing my Michelins up his ass, a few times.

I take particular offence to the chickenshit and condescending behaviour of the OP. Giving a person the finger accelerating away.... Looking down on people in his M3. Karma needs to give him a nice lesson.
[u2b]z4EfGIble_8&feature=related[/u2b]

Just in case you haven't seen it. I don't have much sympathy for the guy.

I think this situation is very similar to what the OP described, albeit probably more violent. Typical case of a homeless crackhead frustrated over rich tourists.

Maybe that's what you get for driving a PT cruiser, lol JK.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #176
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
[u2b]z4EfGIble_8&feature=related[/u2b]

Just in case you haven't seen it. I don't have much sympathy for the guy.

I think this situation is very similar to what the OP described, albeit probably more violent. Typical case of a homeless crackhead frustrated over rich tourists.

Maybe that's what you get for driving a PT cruiser, lol JK.

Psst... I posted the link for this vid earlier on this thread