E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > '07 328xi slight jerk when about it stop

11-16-2022, 08:34 PM   #1
Jtdellam
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi 2007

'07 328xi slight jerk when about it stop

Have a 2007 328xi automatic, nothing wrong with it except when I'm about to stop (maybe <5mph) I feel a slight jerk (sometimes I feel a slight bump when it downshifts from what I believe is either 3 to 2 or 2 to 1). I've read that this may be a sign that zf mechatronics transmission solenoids need to be replaced?

All other shifting is smooth with one exception: if I brake and then press on the gas around somewhere between 15 and 25 mph, when the car shifts from what I think is 2nd to 3rd, it's like there's some sort of delay or like it takes the car too long to shift (by like half a second) and the result is not nearly as smooth a shift. You can definitely feel when the car does this HOWEVER it only happens after I'm rolling and I'm between those certain speeds. If I accelerate from 0mph then there are no problems and all shifting is nice and smooth.

Sorry for all the info but anyone have any ideas? It just seems oddly specific and I'm not quite sure where to start as far as maintenance goes. Thanks!
Appreciate 0