E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Possible engine failure please help

07-16-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
pcmrsage
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi

Thumbs down Possible engine failure please help

Hello, unfortunately I must post here because I don't exactly know what steps to take next. I left my 2011 e90 with n55 sit for a month due to a suspended license. I started the engine and moved the car in the driveway after 2 weeks to prevent anything from seizing but looks like it wasn't enough. Battery was dead so when i went to start nothing happened. Just a solenoid clicking and no started. Swapped the battery with another similar one (750A crank amperage) and the car started for 1 second and then shut off. No crash, grind, or anything. Just dead in the water. Started refusing to start after. At first we thought we flooded it so we removed spark plugs and attempted to crank. Starter whined but no movement. We tried manually cranking at this point and we could get it to move but there was insane resistance. Tried spraying pb blaster into the cylinder to maybe free things up but alas no crank. I'm relatively new to working on cars, this is totally my learning engine so I have absolutely no clue what could be causing this. I would think if it were seized due to oil starvation that we definitely couldn't get it to crank. A torque wrench set to 80 ftlbs was able to turn it without clicking.

I have 0 codes besides the intelligent battery sensor (disconnected by previous owner and i never bothered to reconnect because it really wasnt causing any problems to my knowledge).

my mood now

my mood when one of you kind souls helps me
Appreciate 0