E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2006 325xi door handle broke, pls help

07-16-2023, 08:33 AM   #1
Juhanni
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi

2006 325xi door handle broke, pls help

My door handle on my driver side door has always been a little sticky and fussy, but just recently it has broken to the point where it's always loose and I have to get into my car from the passenger side door because the handle from the inside won't work either. Anyone know how to get it open so I can get the door handle replaced?

(I'm really a noob with this whole maintenance thing & have just started to do repairs and such myself so I apologize if this is a redundant post)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 05:57 PM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhanni View Post
My door handle on my driver side door has always been a little sticky and fussy, but just recently it has broken to the point where it's always loose and I have to get into my car from the passenger side door because the handle from the inside won't work either. Anyone know how to get it open so I can get the door handle replaced?

(I'm really a noob with this whole maintenance thing & have just started to do repairs and such myself so I apologize if this is a redundant post)
I had something similar happen when I replaced the interior grip on the passenger side. The cable that operates the lock was inverted, so it couldn’t get enough pull. I ended up having to remove the door card with the door closed. Not ideal, but it’s not the hardest thing to do.

So, in short, just Google a video on how to remove the interior door trim on your car. You’ll follow the same procedure (removing screws, clips and electrical connectors) with the door closed as you would with it opened.

Here’s one:

https://youtu.be/dzwh2YSSkbk
Appreciate 0