E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Transmission codes

07-29-2023, 09:34 PM   #1
rumdiy
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Transmission codes

Hi Team

I recently performed some work on my E90/N52/325i - water pump, thermostat and oil pan gasket. Battery was disconnected during all this work.

When i started car after the work, it had bit of rough idle at low RPM. i perform the throttle adaptations reset [pressing the gas pedal method] after which it worked fine, rough idle was almost gone. After 2 days of driving, it came back with major bite. I was driving and saw the Transmission warning asking me to pull over which i did.

Surprisingly, after turning off the car and starting again, there was no warning or check engine light. I tried to drive from 1 parking space to next and literally in 3 parking space, those warning came back and car will completely stall and stop. I got it towed to my home.

I scanned with INPA and saw bunch of misfires (3,4,5) & transmission codes along with some more. Tried clearing it all to troubleshoot but they come back. Car idles okay (with little bit of rough) but as soon i change it to R and D (parked in garage, not driving though), it will get rough and tranny lights will be back. Scanned again and transmission codes are back, no misfires this time as attached (note - i had disconnected IBS cable to eliminate that when the scan screenshot was taken)

I checked battery and voltage is fine. Did the voltage check in dashboard menu by starting car in P and it around 13.5 so i am thinking alternator is good (?). Went under the car to see for any leaks, all good. Water pump and thermostat wiring is fine. I did check if water pump is working fine by bleeding method and it works.

How the hell i troubleshoot this shit? I'm thinking that this is something in electronics. Reset (throttle method) didn't help. What should i check and how?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0