E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N54 Injectors fake?

08-02-2023, 11:06 AM   #1
mher
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 316, Mercedes C300

N54 Injectors fake?

Hello everyone,

First off a bit of back story to who I am/what I'm currently working on.
I'm 28 and from the Netherlands.
Recently me and a friend bought an BMW 316 E46 with the plan to make a street legal drift car of off it.
We are planning to throw in a N54 with HM600 bi turbo's, intake manifold with port injection and 5 speed gear box. Actually all of the above is already purchased and waiting in storage to be put in.

But first we have to rebuild the engine, currently there are 2 index 12 injectors in installed, 3 index 2's and 1 index 9.
We where able to purchase some index 12's from marketplace, the pictures where to far off to see any of the numbers clearly but the price was attractive enough to make the gamble.

Now the injectors came in, which brings me to my question/issue. As you can see on the pictures the numbers under the code are all the same, however the numbers next to it do differ. From the fake once I've seen so far all these numbers matched up. Also checked if I could find any evidence of numbers being scratched off but there is no proof of that as far as I can see.

Can anyone tell me anything regarding if these are "fakes" or not seeing as how the numbers seem to match up and the genuine once I've seen so far on youtube all have different numbers. The thing that is throwing me off really is the fact that the number next to the bar code is unique.

Appreciate 0