E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 2011 335d Fuel Issue, Help!!

07-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
thewheelm4n
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Msport

2011 335d Fuel Issue, Help!!

Hey guys, here's my situation:

Fully stock, 80k mile 2011 335d

Issue: "Rail pressue plausibility quantitative control" - code present since I purchased car on March 27th; went into limp mode 40min into drive home, threw that code and a throttle code. Have since put over 3,000mi on it. Have had it at 3 different shops including one of the local BMW dealerships. Have replaced nearly the entire fuel system. Cannot get it to stop throwing that code/going into limp mode, all of us are stumped.

Parts replaced:
New Fuel Filter
New BOSCH OEM High Pressure Fuel Pump (came with Quantitative Control Valve so that is new as well)
New Genuine BMW Fuel Pressure Sensor (front of fuel rail)
New BOSCH OEM Fuel Pressure Regulator (back of fuel rail)
New throttlebody
New intake manifold gaskets (6 and 6)
Full carbon cleaning done
New JBE (junction box) and full software update through ISTA to current software version for all modules as per current TSBs

Low pressure fuel pump has been tested and found to be working properly as far as I know. Correct fuel pressure present at HPFP from LPFP as far as I know. No leaks in system have been found to my knowledge. No fuel injector codes, or any other codes of any kind for that matter other than the rail pressure code mentioned above have occurred before or since I replaced the throttle and that cleared that code up. Has never thrown an injector or misfire code. Vehicle will sometimes drive for several miles before it goes into limp mode, sometimes limp mode will occur a few seconds after starting the vehicle, sometimes it will occur if the vehicle sits idling for a while; always throws a CEL and the rail pressure code.

Any advice/diag would be extremely appreciated at this point!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #2
thewheelm4n
Private
Rep

I believe the issue may be addressed in the first post in this bulletin:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/201...003-49621P.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 01:30 AM   #3
Algold415
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW X5 35d & '10 BMW 335d

Hey,

I'm having an exact same issue, see my post here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...9#post26501799

I found literally 5-6 posts with exact same symptoms but most people don't end up resolving this.

Hope we can figure it out together, as this code is my worst enemy right now..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
thewheelm4n
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algold415 View Post
Hey,

I'm having an exact same issue, see my post here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...9#post26501799

I found literally 5-6 posts with exact same symptoms but most people don't end up resolving this.

Hope we can figure it out together, as this code is my worst enemy right now..
Replied to your other post. Was going to reply here with that link to the fuel return line bulletin, but saw you posted that on your own thread...this is insane.
Appreciate 0