E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Annoyed with "Extreme Powerhouse"

05-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
BfromSD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Annoyed with "Extreme Powerhouse"

So....last week I decided to get the Active Autowerke exhaust for my 328i. AA didn't have it in stock on their own website but Extreme Powerhouse did....or at least they SAID they did. So I went ahead and ordered it expecting it to ship within the next day or two. So about 4-5 days go by and I still haven't received a shipping notice and on their website it says that my order is "awaiting shipment". Why? I paid for it, you have it in stock, sooo...what are we waiting for? Turns out these guys DON'T have it in stock and don't know when they will. So here I am, my pockets $500 lighter and jack shyt to show for it. To say that I'm annoyed would be a huge understatement. Anybody else have any experience with these guys? Are they usually a reliable vendor?

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

From talking to Mike, he sounds like a stand-up guy so don't worry. I too ordered one and he explained to me what happened. There were 2 ear-marked for him in AA's inventory, but AA made a mistake and sold those 2. His hands are tied now because it's back-ordered and he's having to wait for them just like everyone else. About 2 weeks ago he told me it would be about a month wait. I'm sure Mike will respond here and confirm what I've said. Again, don't worry.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
JDane07
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i (sold), MK7 GTI

I ordered my Avant Garde m580's from them. Got them in a couple days, and shipped them the day after ordering. Good experience here with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #4
BfromSD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross328i View Post
From talking to Mike, he sounds like a stand-up guy so don't worry. I too ordered one and he explained to me what happened. There were 2 ear-marked for him in AA's inventory, but AA made a mistake and sold those 2. His hands are tied now because it's back-ordered and he's having to wait for them just like everyone else. About 2 weeks ago he told me it would be about a month wait. I'm sure Mike will respond here and confirm what I've said. Again, don't worry.

Yeah I talked to Mike too and he said he'd get back to me the other day and never did. I'm just kinda pissed that their website deceived me into thinking that they had them in stock. Had I known they didn't have it on hand I wouldn't have ordered it and I'd still have my $500. Hopefully AA ramps up their production of these exhausts because constantly being sold out of one of your most popular products doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm sure X-PH will ship it eventually, it's just a bummer that now I have to wait for God knows how long to receive what I already paid for and THOUGHT I'd have much sooner than I actually will.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Well actually it doesn't say if it's in stock or not. A lot of sites don't get updated to reflect stock. If you order it they'll let you know that it's backordered and ask if you want to wait or cancel.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #6
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
mikes a great guy and Extreme PH has great support. Thing is a lot of the products are shipped third party. Guessing the AA exhaust was coming from AA directly but purchased through X-PH. Did you message him on forums? He replies fairly quick. It's always best to ask about stock before purchase, mike gives updates if there is a concern before purchase.
Current 2008 Bmw 328xi Coupe Sport N51 /w 3 stage IM | VMR 710 w/ Conti DWS | AA Tune Stage 2 | AA Signature Exhaust | Red Cyba scoops | Lux V4 | Euro-box mod w/ Silicone intake hose | Eibach pro kit w/ Bilstein Sport | Carbon Fiber Hood powerdome | Mtech Bumper w/ Akyrim CF lip
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #7
BfromSD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well actually it doesn't say if it's in stock or not. A lot of sites don't get updated to reflect stock. If you order it they'll let you know that it's backordered and ask if you want to wait or cancel.
LMAO. Why would I even for a second think it wasn't in stock if it doesn't say that it's not?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #8
BfromSD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And they didn't let me know it was backordered. Didn't let me know shyt.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #9
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Krish
mikes a great guy and Extreme PH has great support. Thing is a lot of the products are shipped third party. Guessing the AA exhaust was coming from AA directly but purchased through X-PH. Did you message him on forums? He replies fairly quick. It's always best to ask about stock before purchase, mike gives updates if there is a concern before purchase.
Yea man, this is true. Most vendors here ship straight from the manufacturers wherehouse to keep cost low for you and them. Honestly, it's a simple misunderstanding and it happens A LOT with online stores, not just here but elsewhere as well. So, sit back, relax and be a little more patient. And to clarify, I've never boughten anything from XPH.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #10
BfromSD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90 View Post
Yea man, this is true. Most vendors here ship straight from the manufacturers wherehouse to keep cost low for you and them. Honestly, it's a simple misunderstanding and it happens A LOT with online stores, not just here but elsewhere as well. So, sit back, relax and be a little more patient. And to clarify, I've never boughten anything from XPH.
Yeah I'm done making a fuss about it. I'm kinda like "whatever" now. I'll get it when I get it I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

I would have held out for AA's eventual full exhaust or a magnaflow / Borla muffler like another guy did. It's what I'm doing.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #12
BfromSD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I would have held out for AA's eventual full exhaust or a magnaflow / Borla muffler like another guy did. It's what I'm doing.
Idk, I always associate Magnaflow and Borla with muscle cars (I know they make exhausts for all types and makes but still). I'd feel weird having the same brand exhaust as a guy with a 96 Impala SS. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just for a BMW I'd prefer to go with something a little more "exclusive". AA's full exhaust I'd be interested in but I think I'd rather have the current AA now than hold out for who knows how long for the full one. And when it finally comes I'll sell this one and put that money towards the full exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #13
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

I lose trust and respect for a company the moment they ask for free logo thumbnails. I've never had a problem with Mod Bargains, check them out.