E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E92 335d harmonic balancer/ crankshaft pulley

04-12-2023, 01:42 AM   #1
Joshb1991
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

E92 335d harmonic balancer/ crankshaft pulley

Recently brought my 335d it's on 112k miles

Looking to do some preventative maintenance and replace water pump and thermostat and aux belt, tensioner and pulley's.

After speaking to a friend who works in parts at BMW he mentioned about the crankshaft pulley being common to fail.

Question is do I pay the premium for a genuine one or save a fair bit of money and use a febi bilstein or another premium non genuine brand? Has anyone used either of these and can give and feedback? Also skf or gates belt kit has anyone used these or would it be better to pay the extra fair bit of money and get genuine.

I'll be using genuine water pump and thermostat.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 02:08 PM   #2
jacbo
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d LCI

Can't comment on the crankshaft pulley but i was wondering the same thing really. Would be interesting to see who the original manufacturer is.

Everyone recommends to get contitech belts (OEM). For a few quid extra may as well.

For the deflection pulleys, I got mostly SKF, but one failed prematurely after 30k miles. So replaced it with OEM INA pulley. Did surprise me as SKF bearings are notoriously good quality so may have been a one off
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 01:33 AM   #3
Joshb1991
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Cheers mate I think I am going to go with conti tech

And the most recommended crankshaft pulley I saw was fai so I'm going to go with one of those
Appreciate 0