E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Leatherique Prestine Clean as a Stand Alone = A+

09-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Leatherique Prestine Clean as a Stand Alone = A+

Thought I would cross post this for my local peeps

I remember always wondering how Leatherique's prestine clean would work as a stand alone product without the rejuv oil, but couldn't find too many posts on it. So I decided to throw up a quick post about it. I never took any before pictures because I wasn't even thinking about making a post or anything so after pictures will be pretty useless since they won't show the difference.

THE REVIEW:
I have a JADE GREY interior which almost looks white and after working on my car so much and transporting so many parts in the car I decided it was time to give it a clean up. Most of the seats looked good, but I could see some dirt on the drivers seat and it was looking a bit shiny and definitely not the same colour as the rest of the interior... it had taken on a darker shade, didn't look like it would go back to the original colour.

I decided to use a leather brush from detailedimage and some Prestine Clean as a stand alone since I couldn't go through the hassle of the Rejuv Oil. Let me tell you that I am SURPRISED by the amount of dirt that was coming out of the seats... ALL of my seats look a totalllly different colour now and have a VERY NICE matte finish just like you would expect from brand new leather seats. The leather looks and feels brand new... and there is no greasy or oily spots AT ALL and all the seams and cracks cleaned up very nice with the brush. My interior looks as good as new...without the need for the rejuv oil.

METHOD:
I put the Prestine Clean into a spray bottle and sprayed it onto the leather, then I agitated with a brush and just wiped off with a damp towel... the towel was CLEARLY picking up a lot of gunk and the seats turned out VERY VERY NICE.... highlllllyyy recommend this product.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S

Last edited by Dr. G; 09-23-2011 at 02:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
teamadobo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i Xdrive

I agree. I use it on my Chestnut leather interior and it works great. It also leaves a nice matt finish
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Sweet thanks G! Was about to order some more Poor Boy's Leather Stuff too as conditioner.

Have you ever used Pristine with the oil and also Poor Boy's Leather Stuff? If so, how did you find the two compared? (Kev got any thoughts too? I know you're lurking these forums!)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Great stuff. No better way to clean your leather.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
nemo07
JBC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks Dr.G I have the same interior color and I want to keep it as clean as possible. I am going to try this product.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Just want to confirm, this is a cleaner not a conditioner?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
ncats07
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

It is great stuff. FYI you can go ahead and do the whole interior with Pristine Clean. Gives a nice matte finish to the dash, trim, etc. It's also great for your door seals, keeps them moisturized.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #8
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Sweet thanks G! Was about to order some more Poor Boy's Leather Stuff too as conditioner.

Have you ever used Pristine with the oil and also Poor Boy's Leather Stuff? If so, how did you find the two compared? (Kev got any thoughts too? I know you're lurking these forums!)
I prefer the prestine clean as a stand alone over the poorboy's as a stand alone. I feel like it gave a deeper clean and the finish was a lot nicer... would be a lot more noticeable on a black interior... I feel like the PB's leaves a tiny bit of gloss and a slippery surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Just want to confirm, this is a cleaner not a conditioner?
Cleaner with light conditioners.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
e93black
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Garage List
E93 BMW 335i  [6.34]
can you post pictures.
Appreciate 0