E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 325i

12-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Ihatemy325i
Istillhatemy325i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 335i

2006 325i

So a couple weeks ago I was having problems with my car to say the least. My coolant pump connector broke so the tube wouldn’t stay on and coolant was spilling out and on top of that my serp belt kept slipping off. So I got a new connector and a new tensioner pulley and did the fix and then my car would just not turn over. It wasn’t even trying to start it would just make a noise and then turn off. I took the battery out and took it to autozone and had them charge it bc it was completely dead somehow. I put the battery back and then jumped it with my truck and it’s been good to go since. Now I woke up this morning and boom, suddenly it won’t turn over and it is completely dead again. It was working perfectly fine the past 3 weeks so I have no idea what’s going on. Could it be a bad battery? Or are you thinking it could be an alternator problem? Any help is helpful! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
Schmitz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Alternator or alternator regulator?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
porsche959
Banned
Rep
Drives: porsche

How old is your battery?

I’m always surprised that people don’t dump bad batteries after 5 years. Why would you think a charge could fix a bad battery?

If the battery is fine, what the guy above said. Alternator related probably.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
Ihatemy325i
Istillhatemy325i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche959 View Post
How old is your battery?

I’m always surprised that people don’t dump bad batteries after 5 years. Why would you think a charge could fix a bad battery?

If the battery is fine, what the guy above said. Alternator related probably.
Well I was still diagnosing it. If the battery was bad, would it keep a charge for a few weeks before dying again? Still stumps me.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #5
E90-killa
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemy325i View Post
So a couple weeks ago I was having problems with my car to say the least. My coolant pump connector broke so the tube wouldn’t stay on and coolant was spilling out and on top of that my serp belt kept slipping off. So I got a new connector and a new tensioner pulley and did the fix and then my car would just not turn over. It wasn’t even trying to start it would just make a noise and then turn off. I took the battery out and took it to autozone and had them charge it bc it was completely dead somehow. I put the battery back and then jumped it with my truck and it’s been good to go since. Now I woke up this morning and boom, suddenly it won’t turn over and it is completely dead again. It was working perfectly fine the past 3 weeks so I have no idea what’s going on. Could it be a bad battery? Or are you thinking it could be an alternator problem? Any help is helpful! Thanks.
Have them see if the battery is good is it is its the alternator i just changed mine like 4 months ago it's common cause of the oil filter housing leaking on it, but the alternator is like 170 and the mobile mechanic i ordered charged 200 goodluck tho homie