E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > [SOLD!] CIC Retrofit kit for E9x

07-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #23
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Actually looks like I was wrong. Theres now a somewhat new development in CIC hacking. Looks like a guy has figured out how to patch the root certificate that is used to verify the FSC codes.

This means you can upload an FSC file that was generated with dud data, and the CIC unit will still accept it and allow the features such as apps and live. You can also use this to retrofit a CIC unit and flash your cars VIN to it, then upload the new FSC codes so you dont need an emulator or use shitty script activation.

Google "BMW CIC PATCHER v2" and you can find it on cartech nology forum.
The patcher only works on CIC Version C1A
If you have c13-c16 you dont need the patch but you also dont have the latest features.
The FSC methods prescribed above are only for maps and aren't for apps.
I dont think live or internet works anymore (at least not for me) it stopped a while back
      07-05-2018, 11:22 PM   #24
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus335iguy View Post
If you have c13-c16 you dont need the patch but you also dont have the latest features.
I dont think live or internet works anymore (at least not for me) it stopped a while back
Youd probably be better off finding someone local who can flash it with ISTA or going to the dealership. Local guys have gotten software updates for around $200 from the dealership thats probably going to be cheaper than doing an exchange. $200 sounds pretty fair given that these units can be flakey and brick in rare cases.

What features are you missing out on? I tried BMW internet and got it to load google.com, but the SSL certificates in the browser are all expired so no sites that use SSL work (a ton of sites on the internet use SSL so bascially half the net doesnt work.) It was also slow to load BMW internet and clunky as hell to navigate. BMW live i was only able to get it load the local weather, nothing else seemed to work and the login process didn't seem to work for me.
      07-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #25
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Youd probably be better off finding someone local who can flash it with ISTA or going to the dealership. Local guys have gotten software updates for around $200 from the dealership thats probably going to be cheaper than doing an exchange. $200 sounds pretty fair given that these units can be flakey and brick in rare cases.

What features are you missing out on? I tried BMW internet and got it to load google.com, but the SSL certificates in the browser are all expired so no sites that use SSL work (a ton of sites on the internet use SSL so bascially half the net doesnt work.) It was also slow to load BMW internet and clunky as hell to navigate. BMW live i was only able to get it load the local weather, nothing else seemed to work and the login process didn't seem to work for me.
The issue with going to the dealership is that they will try to raise the whole integration level. The way I understand it the dealers cant update specific modules with dealer software and so if you have a combox retrofit for example the system doesnt understand why this might be the case and has a brain fart.
Individual modules can be flashed with ISTA but finding someone in sydney who has an ICOM willing to do the work has proven challenging. Ive approached Brintech and even he said "You're hitting the enter key not me" lol
      07-06-2018, 12:42 AM   #26
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
The issue with going to the dealership is that they will try to raise the whole integration level. The way I understand it the dealers cant update specific modules with dealer software and so if you have a combox retrofit for example the system doesnt understand why this might be the case and has a brain fart.
Individual modules can be flashed with ISTA but finding someone in sydney who has an ICOM willing to do the work has proven challenging. Ive approached Brintech and even he said "You're hitting the enter key not me" lol
Yeh definitely you're going to struggle to find a place to do it for you for cheap, and cover for a new CIC unit decides to brick.
      07-06-2018, 12:55 AM   #27
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yeh definitely you're going to struggle to find a place to do it for you for cheap, and cover for a new CIC unit decides to brick.
Hence why a swap is a neat, risk free way.
      06-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #28
Boss335gt
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

Hi, anyone available in Melbourne region to install CIC into a CCC e90
vehicle ?
Appreciate 0