E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Bilstein B14 PSS for 335xi (47-269095)

06-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #45
brandonwhit97
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 e46 M3 e92 335 xdrive e

Garage List
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent11N54 View Post
does the B14 coilover kit come with B8 shocks ?? or is it a completely different shock unique to the kit ?
The b14 is a completely different kit, I would assume it has similar performance, however the b14 has the integrated adjustment up front. The read I don't know.
      06-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #46
brandonwhit97
Private
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Official received and installed b14 package

So I know everyone had been waiting on some one to do a write up about the b14 coils for an x drive. I finally recover and installed my and oh boy am I beyond impressed. My shock went wayside a while ago so I can't give a full comparison stock to new, because new stock would also feel great. This being said I compared it to a rwd 335 with stock suspension and the difference was very noticeable. I've already put it through the test on smooth roads from digs, gravel construction highway. And it's tight it feel a little more intense then an e46 M3 stock set up (I did upgrade to power flex black for the upper shock bushings in the back). One complaint I would not is that there is and even amount of adjustment in front and back, I wish the front had more adjustment to go lower. I was able to get my height where I wanted it, however it is on the lowest setting up front and the back about half way. Not much is noted on the kit for what is included. The rear set up replaces the top metal cup above the spring, however the rubber boot in the arm is reused, so I would replace. In the front the upper rubber boot is reused in the kit, the top nut is included in the kit also. But as in overall amazing kit and would recommend any day.
Attached Images

07-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #47
matthewjmoser
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwhit97 View Post
So I know everyone had been waiting on some one to do a write up about the b14 coils for an x drive. I finally recover and installed my and oh boy am I beyond impressed. My shock went wayside a while ago so I can't give a full comparison stock to new, because new stock would also feel great. This being said I compared it to a rwd 335 with stock suspension and the difference was very noticeable. I've already put it through the test on smooth roads from digs, gravel construction highway. And it's tight it feel a little more intense then an e46 M3 stock set up (I did upgrade to power flex black for the upper shock bushings in the back). One complaint I would not is that there is and even amount of adjustment in front and back, I wish the front had more adjustment to go lower. I was able to get my height where I wanted it, however it is on the lowest setting up front and the back about half way. Not much is noted on the kit for what is included. The rear set up replaces the top metal cup above the spring, however the rubber boot in the arm is reused, so I would replace. In the front the upper rubber boot is reused in the kit, the top nut is included in the kit also. But as in overall amazing kit and would recommend any day.
So you bought through ECS Tuning? any update on how they feel.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #48
brandonwhit97
Private
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjmoser View Post
Quote:
They feel great. They feel like a "stock" sport suspension, doesn't feel like I'm on rock. But once you hit those corners, it locks down. I have hit some pretty big dips and I'm no gab in the back and losses drop up front with out bottoming out
      07-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #49
matthewjmoser
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
They feel great. They feel like a "stock" sport suspension, doesn't feel like I'm on rock. But once you hit those corners, it locks down. I have hit some pretty big dips and I'm no gab in the back and losses drop up front with out bottoming out
get going to pick these up. thanks. best vender you think i should go with?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #50
brandonwhit97
Private
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
get going to pick these up. thanks. best vender you think i should go with?
I would go summit or ecs im a big ecs guys and summit had it cheaper and they price matched
      07-29-2020, 01:18 AM   #51
alex-t9
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are the fronts at the lowest settings? Still no bottoming our in the front? I'm thinking about replacing my BC coil overs with these. My BCs just bottom out too easily in the front and give the pothole explosion.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #52
brandonwhit97
Private
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-t9 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are the fronts at the lowest settings? Still no bottoming our in the front? I'm thinking about replacing my BC coil overs with these. My BCs just bottom out too easily in the front and give the pothole explosion.
I have yet to bottom out, and I have been at all speeds on all types of roads. I will say the front has a pretty large gab and I'm about 2 threads from lowest setting. I believe there is about .4 inches if I remember correctly
      09-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #53
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

So what does the front look like dropped to its lowest setting? Not to slam my car, as it will be for track purposes, but the stock suspension height in the front has much more of a gap to address than the RWD models. I'd like to get the car down to a level that is pleasing to the eye but 100% functional.

Last edited by KnighTT; 09-16-2020 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 07:08 PM   #54
Nick54
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i xdrive manual

Anyone else running these?

BUMP

Anyone else running these? i'm looking for fitment info for 19s TIA
Appreciate 0