E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vacuum lines on a RHD

08-12-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
Ruster82
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d Efficient Dynamics

Vacuum lines on a RHD

Has any one done the vacuum line replacement to the rear waste gate in a RHD car?

I replaced my vacuum lines today all except the rear actuator, I found it impossible to get my hand down to it because on the RHD the steering column is in the way

Before I jack the car up to remove the undershield can anyone tell me if it's even possible to reach from underneath the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 03:25 PM   #2
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

I replaced it from the top but my Z4 may have slightly more room. It certainly wasn't easy.

I don't think it's possible to reach from underneath, the water pump and thermostat is in the way.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Not impossible by any means
You'll need to go from the bottom
I had a friend feed the hose down and i grabbed it from underneath
It will be hard to see anything and will have to do it by touch
If i recall i had to grab the hose with two fingers and place it on the WG nipple, from then i dug my nails into the hose and pulled it down
You can use a bit of spray lubricant on the ID of the hose so it slides on a bit easier
      08-13-2020, 02:39 AM   #4
Ruster82
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d Efficient Dynamics

Thank you for the replies, next time I need to jack the car up or i find myself looking for something to do I will have another go from underneath.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 11:18 PM   #5
=C=
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i M-Sport E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruster82 View Post
Has any one done the vacuum line replacement to the rear waste gate in a RHD car?

I replaced my vacuum lines today all except the rear actuator, I found it impossible to get my hand down to it because on the RHD the steering column is in the way

Before I jack the car up to remove the undershield can anyone tell me if it's even possible to reach from underneath the car?
I also had the same problem and didn't replace that line either. Basically zip tied the end point on the solenoid and left the original as is. Replaced all other vacuum lines with silicone.
Appreciate 0