E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2c57 at Low Rpms

08-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
molniya
Rep
Drives: 11' 335d M-Sport

2c57 at Low Rpms

Just bought a 2011 335 xDrive couple weeks ago and absolutely loving it so far. I keep getting the half engine light/soft limp mode. Code is 2c57, but it only happens at low rpms, 2-3k. If I go for a pull at high rpms it never shows up. I searched the forums and mostly people have this issue at high rpms.

I'm guessing the issue is either with the charge pipe, vacuum lines or boost solenoid. I bought it with the VRSF Chargepipe and it's not cracked, haven't took it off hopefully last owner put the o ring when installing it.
What should I check first? Is there any way to check the boost solenoid before buying a new one blindly? Car has 123000kms. I also just flashed ppk the other day and the issue started to come up more.

Any help would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
molniya
Rep
Drives: 11' 335d M-Sport

Also to add, when the car goes into limp mode, I don't feel any power loss and the engine works fine, no noise either. I don't have anything to log with, I wish inpa logged. Maybe I just don't know how much power I should be actually getting LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 02:06 AM   #3
N55lif3
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i n55

Check all your CP connections (or any you've touched). Make sure C clip is on, o ring is inside the chargepipe, and ensure clamps are very very tight with each pipe sitting inside the coupler.

Monitor target and actual psi to determine how big the leak is

11.4s@120mph (Full Weight + 50lb ea wheel on street) // E30 Wedge Performance
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
njmian
Rep
Drives: 11' E70 x5 35i, 07' E90 328i

No boost for me can someone help

I have the same issue with my n55 x5, bone stock car. I am getting 25hg of vacuum when i tee into the hose that goes from the boost solenoid to the wastegate actuator
,at full throttle and 10hg at idle, no boost leaks, no vacuum leaks, all tested properly. pressurized the system to 20psi and it holds. the wastegate closes all the way too. I also took off and dv and it looks like new tbh. Then i took the inlet pipe and things seemed fine the turbo spinned with finger. So i put a a gopro close to the turbo and watched live feed on my phone, stated the car, starts up normal, the turbo is not spinning at all, give some intermittent full throttle and it only spins when in do that, then stops. After that i placed my smoke machine near the turbo but its not sucking any in, so i thought maybe just maybe then wastegate is not fully closing so i actually closed the wastegate by hand and asked someone to give gas but same thing, the turbo doesn't spin at idle even with wastegate fully closed and at reving it spins very slow. Before all this i was hitting 8psi when i used to rev with the airbox off. Next thing I'm gonna have to take the downpipe off and see if the wastegate fell off or something lol or my turbo is dead but i don't thing so cause the shaft doesn't have any play and it spins freely. Anyone else has this issue.
Appreciate 0