E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Low vacuum after vacuum pump gasket change.

02-19-2019, 06:36 AM   #1
JuiceQuadre
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: E92 335D 2006, F30 335i 2014

Low vacuum after vacuum pump gasket change.

car is 2006 170k miles = everything is old.

So i was getting a bit of oil around my vacuum pump.. not too much to worry about but local shop said its no big deal they will just replace the gaskets and its gonna be fine. which they did and hey, there is no more oil so i was happy.. but after couple of days my brakes scared me a bit in situation where i braked my car to get ready to park it, and then when parking it the brakes only worked at like 30% so i got worried.

it happened to me again couple of days later to i started to look around and finally measured my vacuum and it sits at around 14inHg so i think thats like 50% of what it should be? i measured with the car being cold, not warmed up, is that ok?

Well my questions are obvious - can this be anything else than the vacuum pump?( i think even a rather big leak would still keep more vacuum in the system than that? ) I reckon they probably messed it up but given that the old pump was maybe already on its way im not sure they gonna cover anything..
basicly i just wanna know if anything else can be the culprit before i throw the part on it.

btw strangly there are no codes, no evident boos issues etc.. weird?
Appreciate 0