E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Suspension works...

05-30-2017, 04:53 AM   #1
LandingSpot
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320D

Suspension works...

Hi guys,

I'm new here and it's been a while since I had my E46 repaired and this is the first repair job for the E91. Please could you give your opinion on whether this is an appropriate amount of labour?

I've no problem paying for the parts at the appropriate rate or for the required labour, I just would like a second opinion!

Front thrust arm bushes - 1.75 hrs
Rear balljoint replacement - 1.5 hrs
Replace rear shocks - 1.5 hrs

TIA,
Andy
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Tbh the labour times are probably about right.

However depending upon labour rate they are charging you could just replace the complete front arms as it would be a quicker job than having to press the bushes out/in etc. Oh and you could do it yourself too then.

Rear balljoints let them do them as it is a pain to do even with the correct tooling.

Rear shocks I swap out myself tbh as it's very straight forward. The reason for the time they have quoted is because I guess they have to delve the side carpet panels to get to the top of the shocks.