E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Lower Main Thermostat Hose O-Ring Kink

05-30-2017, 04:08 AM   #1
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Lower Main Thermostat Hose O-Ring Kink

Hi All,

Any idea how to get this O-Ring and plastic back on? It goes into the main thermostat (Left side).. I'm not sure if there's a certain way to install it or whether the O-Ring has just enlarged over time, I have boiled the O-Ring as well as drop it into Iced water as generally speaking people have shrunk O-Rings in doing so. I unfortunately had no luck and it still kinks as can be seen bellow.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Given how little information is floating about regarding this issue I'm going to assume the O-Ring isn't supposed to come out and the plastic ring does look like it was stuck in which would have prevented the O-Ring from coming out, the plastic ring and O-Ring also isn't listed on REALOEM amd cannot be ordered from BMW again making me believe it's not supposed to come out.

I've ordered a hose from BMW and will be able to have a better look at how it sits together
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 06:38 AM   #3
CrocodileHunter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330d

Strange how it wouldn't fit back in?

When i did mine it didn't come out so i didn't pay too much attention to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 07:04 AM   #4
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileHunter View Post
Strange how it wouldn't fit back in?

When i did mine it didn't come out so i didn't pay too much attention to it.
Hi mate,

Pulled off the hose ready for the new one and it has the same plastic ring and O-Ring on the bottom of the hose (radiator side).. I gave it a good prod with a screwdriver and it's stuck solid.. so as I guessed these aren't actually suppose to come out, once the plastic ring breaks away it's impossible to get the O-Ring back on.. also explains why the plastic ring and O-Ring isn't listed as a part on RealOEM or available from BMW. oh well, just had a text to say the Hose has arrived in store so I'll pop down to BMW soon and get it as well as some coolant as I'm going to drain the system of the red stuff
Appreciate 0