E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wear Sensors Reset But Very Odd!!

06-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Jimmypops
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325

Wear Sensors Reset But Very Odd!!

Reset both wear sensors after new rear pads and very odd readings! Reset old sensor on the front and it reads 38,000 miles reset rear sensor(brand new sensor) on new pads and it reads only 3,300 miles! So why the odd readings?

As I understand it the sensors will not kick in and start counting down until the pads are 50% worn down?!

Any help in this matter greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
angry_feet
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmypops View Post
Reset both wear sensors after new rear pads and very odd readings! Reset old sensor on the front and it reads 38,000 miles reset rear sensor(brand new sensor) on new pads and it reads only 3,300 miles! So why the odd readings?

As I understand it the sensors will not kick in and start counting down until the pads are 50% worn down?!

Any help in this matter greatly appreciated. Cheers.
The sensors are actually there for when the pads get too low to warn you. The millage counter is for a guide for visual inspection of the disk, caliper, lines etc. Remember brake warning won't reset either if you are not using a new sensor.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 01:17 AM   #3
Jimmypops
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 325

I understand that.. my new pads had a new sensor, so the faulty sensors have gone! I had a 400 mls reading on the Low pads for about 3000 miles! So one bad sensor will trip out the other sensor? Because both sensors read '------mls' until the new sensor was reset. My question is why does the NEW sensor read only 3300 miles and the other not worn sensor for the front reads 38000?
Appreciate 0