E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > (E92 / E93) Official Space Gray E92/E93 Thread

09-15-2006, 07:38 PM   #111
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlbailey
DerekS -
Noticed you got Jade Gray interior......
Does the Jade Gray come with the black carpet / speaker housings in CA. It seems like all trims go very well with Jade.... What did you go with?

Would you or any other know if there is a way to order the Jade Gray in the US?
I chose grey poplar trim with Jade grey. This combo looks great IRL. Yes, the carpets, speakers, door trims, lower dash, rear parcel shelf and center console are all in black. There are several photos of this interior (but with different trims) posted on the E92 interior thread. Jade grey is not available in the USA; perhaps, in a few months time, it might be available by special order, but that might be wishful thinking on my part. However, lemon leather for the E90 was also not available for the US market. It would appear that BMWUSA doesn't like/want light coloured leather for US customers, but you can get cream beige for the E92 which is lighter than Jade grey. Does this make any sense ??
So in the US, if you want a two-toned interior, you have a choice of coral red or saddle. If you want a light coloured, mono-tone interior, you are limited to grey or cream beige. Why is there less choice for BMW's largest market is beyond me .
      09-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #112
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Convert Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS
I chose grey poplar trim with Jade grey. . .
Derek
Any news on your delivery ? Really looking forward to seeing the photos of your interior !

E93 M3 Jerez Black / Bamboo Beige / Dinan P1 Performance Package
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #113
DerekS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry
Derek
Any news on your delivery ? Really looking forward to seeing the photos of your interior !
My car landed in Halifax Sept.12th and it should be on a train headed west, ETA Vancouver Sept. 26.
I did see the same interior combo (Jade grey + grey poplar) in a black 335 coupe. This combination looks stunning. I'll email photos to you after I take delivery.
      09-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #114
GAMEgates
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SpaceGray e92 335

Great color, local dealer just got in a space gray/coral red/darkburl/MT/ZSP. The car overall looks way better IRL. In pix its looks huge, but after a walk around its seems so compact, these things look intense. Sits surprisingly low and I love the wide stance, gotta love the bangle era - Homeboy is mosdef a trendsetter. I cant wait to see space gray with a nice set of large wheels with a fat lip.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #115
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

with CSL style wheels

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2006, 02:23 PM   #116
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Convert Jerez Black

Garage List
[QUOTE=Jason]with CSL style wheels

/QUOTE]

Is it tinted windows ? I'm looking for photos of a Space Gray with tinted windows. I've ordered mine with 35% all around but never seen a photo with this combination. Thanks

E93 M3 Jerez Black / Bamboo Beige / Dinan P1 Performance Package
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #117
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Wink

LET'S GO 'NOVA!

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #118
brianlbailey
Rep
Drives: G35

Quote:
I chose grey poplar trim with Jade grey. This combo looks great IRL. Yes, the carpets, speakers, door trims, lower dash, rear parcel shelf and center console are all in black. There are several photos of this interior (but with different trims) posted on the E92 interior thread. Jade grey is not available in the USA; perhaps, in a few months time, it might be available by special order, but that might be wishful thinking on my part. However, lemon leather for the E90 was also not available for the US market. It would appear that BMWUSA doesn't like/want light coloured leather for US customers, but you can get cream beige for the E92 which is lighter than Jade grey. Does this make any sense ??
So in the US, if you want a two-toned interior, you have a choice of coral red or saddle. If you want a light coloured, mono-tone interior, you are limited to grey or cream beige. Why is there less choice for BMW's largest market is beyond me .
Seems like the closest thing to Jade in the US is Lemon (light color seats w/ dart carpet)...... The recent pictures I saw made me think it was close to Jade.

Can anyone that has seen Lemon in person comment? How would it look with Space Grey?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #119
DerekS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Seems like the closest thing to Jade in the US is Lemon (light color seats w/ dart carpet)...... The recent pictures I saw made me think it was close to Jade.

Can anyone that has seen Lemon in person comment? How would it look with Space Grey?
It's not clear to me which car, sedan or coupe, you are thinking of ordering.
If it's the sedan, I have seen Lemon/burl walnut with Sparkling graphite. This is a really stunning combination.
For the coupe, Lemon is not available in any market, so therefore, you could not combine it with Space grey. For US coupe buyers, you are limited to Cream beige for a light interior or Grey. In both these examples, the interior is mono-tone. Two-toned choices for the US are Saddle brown and Coral red.
      09-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #120
brianlbailey
Rep
Drives: G35

Quote:
It's not clear to me which car, sedan or coupe, you are thinking of ordering.
If it's the sedan, I have seen Lemon/burl walnut with Sparkling graphite. This is a really stunning combination.
For the coupe, Lemon is not available in any market, so therefore, you could not combine it with Space grey. For US coupe buyers, you are limited to Cream beige for a light interior or Grey. In both these examples, the interior is mono-tone. Two-toned choices for the US are Saddle brown and Coral red.
I have a ED for the coupe and was disappointed to find out the Lemon is not available. Even more disappointed that the US cannot get Jade.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #121
DerekS
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have a ED for the coupe and was disappointed to find out the Lemon is not available. Even more disappointed that the US cannot get Jade.
My suggestion would be that you write to the Marketing Manager, BMWNA HQ in New Jersey, and express your thoughts on this situation.
From reviewing this forum, it is clear to me that a good number of Europeans and Canadians are ordering Jade grey interior. Why are Amercian purchasers being denied this choice ????
      10-01-2006, 01:53 AM   #122
Traceaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i

Garage List
More for you guys
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #123
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Real Thing's 335i

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #124
Borti
Borti
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Real Thing's 335i

OMG that is the real thing.

I cannot wait until my 335 gets here.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #125
Russellnyc
Razor sharp handling
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6MT

Ordered a Space Gray/Coral 335i this afternoon

I went to the dealer expecting to order crimson/black or alpine/coral. My last 2 cars have been silver (arctic silver 328is and lake silver Audi TT), and so I had NO intention of ordering silver, gray, arctic, etc. I like crimson a lot in person, but I don't like the way it works with the 335i taillights, and I don't really want to attract that much attention. Anyway, I took a look at AW in person and although the car looks awesome in any color, I was disappointed by how lifeless AW looks, even when it's brand new. It seems that car photographs better in white than it actually looks in person (IMHO), but otherwise the car always looks better in person. My wife hates blue cars, otherwise I'd have gone in that direction. Then we went down and took a look at the sales manager's personal space gray/coral combo, and I almost passed out. I ordered that combo, with aluminum. Very happy. One note, it looked like the window trim was dark and matte, and definitely not chrome. It wasn't shadowline, but looked kind of dark gray. Could it have been the lighting? Salesguy said my car will come with that trim, and that it's not a special order.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2006, 12:36 AM   #126
E92Dutchie
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i Space Grey

This is my E92 with Gray interior

I've attached some pictures of my Space Gray E92 with Gray interior and Gray Poplar wood. Somehow the gray poplar wood looks very brownish in the pictures, but in real life it looks a lot more grayish. I only noticed the brown tint in the pictures. :-)
I think it's a great color combo. And of course the car is amazing. Just picked it up last Sunday, and I'm loving it more and more every day.
Attached Images

10-08-2006, 11:42 PM   #127
Borti
Borti
Rep
Drives: 335i

Your camera makes Space Gray seem slightly more brown than it usually is as well... Still looks great though.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 12:47 AM   #128
rainy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i

thanks for the pics dutchie. i ordered the exact color combo and i'm glad to see it looks great. can't wait for mine!
      10-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #129
Russellnyc
Razor sharp handling
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerHawk
More for you guys

This is the best representation I've seen of what this color looks like IRL. Very stunning and deep.

2006 Lotus Elise Polar Blue/Red
2007 E92 335i Spacegrau/Coral/Al | ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/CA/PDC/NAV Broken in
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #130
tsoc88
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328ic, 2004 Z4 3.0i

Just came back from Lindau, Germany where there was a major E92 event at one of the largest BMW dealers I've ever seen. Will post some space grey and black this evening. Also had a 530D, totally tricked out, for a week rental. Up to 156mph on the Autobahn and quite frankly a little scary for the driver. The car responded beautifully.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #131
selwynf
Gibraltar
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW (E92) 335i

I've seen Space Grey in the metal (my car at the dealer) and its beautiful. Fear not, those if you who have already ordered it, you won't be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
Than they have to change to another colour, if they can change.
Any colour by BMW won't look in reality as brilliant as shown in published press pics. IMO
'07 E92 335i, Space grey, Professional SATNAV, Adjustable Headlights, Lumbar Support, Bluetooth function; Alarm; Xenon; Interior illumination Package, Storage pack, PDC rear, aluminium trim, speaker upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #132
Smalldog
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

I just ordered my first BMW last night. I think it's pretty exciting to actually "order" a car the way I want it.....

335i Coupe, Space Gray, Black Leather, brushed aluminum, 6MT, Nav w/iDrive.

Now, I just have to wait 6-8 weeks to get it.

At first, I thought about Sparkling Graphite Metallic, but after looking at it in person, it appeared to have a purple hue to it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to owning my first BMW.

Smalldog

Last edited by Smalldog; 10-12-2006 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0