E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Another white unicorn out for sale!

01-31-2019, 07:27 AM   #1
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335 M sport Akra!

Another white unicorn out for sale!

Hey guys,

Lovely pics on a sweet sweet ride, 2011 e92 in Alpine White,

2 owners, low mileage and great condition,

Spoke to the previous owner and he loved the car, sadly he has tuned the ecu, not to keen on that since it still has 2 years of Engine warranty in sweden.

Other cons are no Nav screen and no Bluetooth or HK systems,

I would still be very keen but the ecu tune is a downer for me.

Enjoy the pics!!!

https://www.blocket.se/halland/BMW_3....htm?ca=11&w=3
Appreciate 1
Pladi717.00
      01-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

if the engine is mechanically sound, simply reflash the ECU to stock.

I consider no nav/idrive a plus actually.
even the CIC system is dated, and eventually it will be in the same boat as my CCC system. Completely abandoned.

at least with the base model dash it's far easier and cheaperto upgrade to a modern aftermarket radio. I put a pioneer in my wifes car for $200 that does screen mirroring, rear view cam and everything else you could possibly want.
car technology just doesn't age well. it's usually 5-8 years behind when release because of the ruggedness and longevity requirements. just think of it, the first incarnation of the CCC software is 20 years old at this point. My ten year old car has 20 year old technology. I mean, VxWorks came out in the 80's.

It's like going back to a dial up modem.
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Very true mate but its gonna cost me some cash to flash it and a long drive with owernight in a hotel simce i live upnorth,

I completely agree on the nav, they age poorly and are bound to break someday, it should however lower the price on the car a tad from the dealer since its not yet stoneage and was expensive😀
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I don't know the state of the Swedish currency,
but when that price is converted to USD, it seems insane. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 02:22 PM   #5
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

prices are crazy high here compared to us! this one is like 4 k usd to high though
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
waqas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
if the engine is mechanically sound, simply reflash the ECU to stock.

I consider no nav/idrive a plus actually.
even the CIC system is dated, and eventually it will be in the same boat as my CCC system. Completely abandoned.

at least with the base model dash it's far easier and cheaperto upgrade to a modern aftermarket radio. I put a pioneer in my wifes car for $200 that does screen mirroring, rear view cam and everything else you could possibly want.
car technology just doesn't age well. it's usually 5-8 years behind when release because of the ruggedness and longevity requirements. just think of it, the first incarnation of the CCC software is 20 years old at this point. My ten year old car has 20 year old technology. I mean, VxWorks came out in the 80's.

It's like going back to a dial up modem.
which system is in your wifes car? mind sharing the link?

thanks!
IG: @motorsportbands
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #7
Bmwneedsworkagain
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjackhunter View Post
but when that price is converted to USD, it seems insane. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's all taxes, the government levied huge taxes and fees on this gas guzzler. They want to discourage private car ownership and especially a turbocharged 6cyl, so they tax the hell out of them. Otherwise Sweden is closer to Germany, so technically the car should even be cheaper than the US.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
xjackhunter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver1921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjackhunter View Post
It's all taxes, the government levied huge taxes and fees on this gas guzzler. They want to discourage private car ownership and especially a turbocharged 6cyl, so they tax the hell out of them. Otherwise Sweden is closer to Germany, so technically the car should even be cheaper than the US.
Jeez. That's extremely unfortunate.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 04:29 PM   #9
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

You can always upgrade to the newest BMW technology. I think they are much better quality than the Chinese made aftermarket units. Plus BMW units can fully integrate to the car.

I have a NBT EVO from a 2017 with an ATM with active teleservices in my 2007 E93. I have a backup camera with dynamic guidelines, screen mirroring, and carplay.
Attached Images

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 1
feuer4274.50
      01-31-2019, 06:13 PM   #10
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas View Post
which system is in your wifes car? mind sharing the link?

thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashman View Post
You can always upgrade to the newest BMW technology. I think they are much better quality than the Chinese made aftermarket units. Plus BMW units can fully integrate to the car.

I have a NBT EVO from a 2017 with an ATM with active teleservices in my 2007 E93. I have a backup camera with dynamic guidelines, screen mirroring, and carplay.
link to the details on the install? I imagine it's still pretty cost prohibitive.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:37 AM   #11
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver1921 View Post
this is for cars sold after june 1st 2018. and yes its insane! They tax a new m4 5k the first 3 years!!

The old cars are not affected, In generel cars are prices much higher here, Everything is more expensive, so enjoy Life boys=)

The e92 is now getting more expensive since the sweet ones are so rare, the 435 is creaping down as well and the m235 is soon priced the same as the most expensive e92s,

Myself I feel very sad about the situation, I work in the mines and make good Money, however its all taxed away, I have to eat well due to disease and housing is expensive here, if they make a charge at petrol prices I will not be able to pay off a car and live decent, I already struggle.
Driving an inline six is my biggest passion but it cant take up all my cash.

Sweden is not my country at heart
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 08:00 AM   #12
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Spec:

Vehicle information
Type
Value
Prod. Date
2010-10-12
Check mileage
http://www.auto-records.com
Type
335I (EUR)
Series
E92 (3 Series)
Body Type
COUPE
Steering
Left Hand Drive
Engine
N55
Displacement
Power
225kw / 306hp
Drive
HECK
Transmission
Manual
Colour
ALPINWEISS 3 (300)
Upholstery
LEDER DAKOTAD3 SATTELBRAUN (LCD3)
Service History
!! CHECK HISTORY !!

Editions and packages
P337A
M Sports package
S704A
M Sports suspension
S715A
M Aerodynamics package
P7RSA
Package Comfort
S7XAA
M Leathr wheelshift paddlemultifunc

Comfort and interior equipment
S428A
Warning triangle and first aid kit
S431A
Interior mirror with automaticdip
S441A
Smoker package
S470A
IsofixSystem
S481A
Sports seat
S488A
Lumbar support driver and passenger
S493A
Storage compartment package
S494A
Seat heating driverpassenger
S4AEA
Armrest front retractable
S4NEA
Blowby heater
S4WAA
Interior strips alu glaciersilber dark
S459A
Seat adjuster electric with memory

Multimedia
S663A
Radio BMW Professional
S698A
AreaCode 2 for DVD
-
Bavsound speaker upgrade available

Driver assistance and lightning
S508A
Park Distance Control PDC
S521A
Rain sensor
S534A
Automatic air conditioning
S544A
Cruise control with brake function
S563A
Light package
S5AKA
LED light elements
S502A
Headlight cleaning system
S522A
Xenon Light
S548A
Kilometercalibrated speedometer

Wheels and drive
S230A
Extra package EUspecific
S2B6A
19 LAW M Performance Double Spoke 313
S2PAA
Wheel bolt retainer
S2TCA
Sport transmission w dualplate clutch

Environment and safety
S842A
Coldclimate version
S850A
ZUSAETZL TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT
S853A
Language version English
S863A
Retailer Directory Europe
S885A
Onboard vehicle literature Swedish
S8SMA
Car ident number visible from outside
S8SPA
Control unit COP
S8TLA
TAGFAHRLICHT FRONT UND HECK AKTIV
S8TMA
TAGFAHRLICHT BEI FAHRZEUGSTART INAK
S8TNA
Daytime runlights adjusvia light menu

Individual equipment
S760A
High gloss shadow line
S761A
Individual sunshade glazing
S775A
Headlining anthracite

Other equipment
S1CAA
Selection of COP relevant vehicles
S1CBA
CO2 package
S1CDA
Brake Energy Regeneration
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #13
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjames View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

link to the details on the install? I imagine it's still pretty cost prohibitive.
I installed it myself, total cost for all of the parts was somewhere between $1500 and $2000 (but that includes ATM to have ConnectedDrive Services, and TRSVC to have backup camera). There are a lots of threads on the process of retrofitting NBT and NBT2 into E-series cars. You can buy plug-n-play kits but I think those are overpriced.

I love how my car drives, it still looks brand new, it's a convertible, and I live in Texas. I plan on having this car for a long time. So, instead of looking for a new car, I like to simply update the dated parts.

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50
      02-02-2019, 09:19 AM   #14
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashman View Post
I installed it myself, total cost for all of the parts was somewhere between $1500 and $2000 (but that includes ATM to have ConnectedDrive Services, and TRSVC to have backup camera). There are a lots of threads on the process of retrofitting NBT and NBT2 into E-series cars. You can buy plug-n-play kits but I think those are overpriced.

I love how my car drives, it still looks brand new, it's a convertible, and I live in Texas. I plan on having this car for a long time. So, instead of looking for a new car, I like to simply update the dated parts.
wise! Very Little has actually changed in 10 years enginewise, I still easily prefer the e92 over the 4 series, with electrical cars coming we cant hope for much better petrolcars either,
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #15
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointbreak View Post
this is for cars sold after june 1st 2018. and yes its insane! They tax a new m4 5k the first 3 years!!

The old cars are not affected, In generel cars are prices much higher here, Everything is more expensive, so enjoy Life boys=)

The e92 is now getting more expensive since the sweet ones are so rare, the 435 is creaping down as well and the m235 is soon priced the same as the most expensive e92s,

Myself I feel very sad about the situation, I work in the mines and make good Money, however its all taxed away, I have to eat well due to disease and housing is expensive here, if they make a charge at petrol prices I will not be able to pay off a car and live decent, I already struggle.

Interesting - 5K Euros per year annual tax, or 5K over the three years? If it's over the 3 years that's less than the excise tax on a new M4 would be in my home state of Maine over the three years. Of course, the sales tax up front is a heck of a lot lower than in Sweden, assuming Swedes pay the Euro-typical 20% VAT or so.

Drove my e91 all over Sweden in 2011 on my Euro Delivery tour. Looks very much like Maine once you are in the countryside or out in the islands. I felt right at home.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #16
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
Interesting - 5K Euros per year annual tax, or 5K over the three years? If it's over the 3 years that's less than the excise tax on a new M4 would be in my home state of Maine over the three years. Of course, the sales tax up front is a heck of a lot lower than in Sweden, assuming Swedes pay the Euro-typical 20% VAT or so.

Drove my e91 all over Sweden in 2011 on my Euro Delivery tour. Looks very much like Maine once you are in the countryside or out in the islands. I felt right at home.
def sounds like an aamzing experience to Cruise around in a new car like that!!

Yeah sweden is nice, Ive never been to maine, Hawaii and Florida has been my Winter getaways stateside=)

Its yearly for 3 years and then it drops like a stone the taxation=) even ordinary low hp petrol and diesels has been hit with like a 3 time taxation, total lunacy, and ofcourse the envirmentalist politicians Cruise around their v8 boats all summer=)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #17
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:

Man that sucks.

I'm surprised I was comparing BMWs into my currency from other places and NA seems to be the cheapest lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 03:41 AM   #18
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Man that sucks.

I'm surprised I was comparing BMWs into my currency from other places and NA seems to be the cheapest lol.
Def so!!

Real interresting to compare paychecks, cost of housing food and such all over the globe,

Btw if german cars are cheapest stateside imagine the insane deal u get on vettes and mustangs!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 11:35 AM   #19
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

No iDrive tribe!

Always funny to see some of the later model E9Xs with the new automatic shifter, seems pretty uncommon. Regardless beautiful car with nearly perfect options. The white is nice, only downside I really see on this car though.
      02-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #20
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
No iDrive tribe!

Always funny to see some of the later model E9Xs with the new automatic shifter, seems pretty uncommon. Regardless beautiful car with nearly perfect options. The white is nice, only downside I really see on this car though.
Yeah thats the dct gearbox with the Lovely shifter that was sold in europé, looks stunning!! I actuallt prefer that shifter to the new one,

Yeah Idrive is sweet with the Music and phone for sure, I would miss that, but its one hell of a car!!
Appreciate 1
Fritzer942.50
      02-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #21
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Quote:
Yeah thats the dct gearbox with the Lovely shifter that was sold in europé, looks stunning!! I actuallt prefer that shifter to the new one,
Isn't that shifter the same or very similar to the F30 shifter?
      02-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #22
Pointbreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
Isn't that shifter the same or very similar to the F30 shifter?
might very well be! Just Think the new one in say the 435i looks a bit plastic even if its sleeker=)
Appreciate 0