E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > I share my 60k service info - 335i

03-30-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
mxa121
Major
Rep
Drives: M

I share my 60k service info - 335i

Just passed over 60k miles on my 2010 335i and prepared for the needed service. I did not consult the BMW service manual, instead used a guide that I found online. It seems to be a little over cautious, but it helps nonetheless. BMW claims lifetime fluids and crazy distances between changes.

Here is what I had done:
Engine Oil
Engine Air Filter
Cabin Microfilter
Brake fluid
Engine Coolant
Transmission/Clutch fluid
Differential fluid

Total cost was around $500 and it was all BMW fluids/parts.

I installed the filters myself, could not justify paying someone to do such an easy task; the rest required getting under the car, so the pros did it.
The differential fluid was still semi clear coming out, could have run it to 90k and done it with plugs. The transmission fluid; probably the same.
The engine oil was "pretty black" said the tech, it had 5k miles on it.

Either way, I think it's ok to change fluids a little early. I plan on driving it another 60k unless I find my way into an m3 before then.

I found out that my oil filter housing had a small leak on the underside. This will require lots of labor to remove and replace gaskets. I plan on combining an intake valve cleaning with this service so they can just replace the gasket while they are in there for the intake cleaning. Another $5-700 for those when I finally commit.

I think my dirty air filter was causing uneven acceleration in 1st gear at low rpms, it seems to run a tad smoother now.

For those of you around Atlanta, Bimmer's Service Center Kennesaw is a cool shop and have decent pricing. I got to chat with the tech and check out the car during service.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Tell them to get a lift that fits the E90 chassis....
Appreciate 0