E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Under seat sub

06-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
Bryera
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D E90

Under seat sub

Has anyone replaced the sub under the two front seats for speakers I was having a thought would a 6x9 go insted of it or would it sound shit under the seat??
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 12:57 AM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Dude have a search on here. There is a plethora of threads on this... I would start here first: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641323

My humble thoughts:
1. 6x9's won't go under the seats because you would a) need custom housing and b) with a decent pair that has a monster magnet you would struggle for space unless you don't mind the custom pod firing high up and almost into the underside of the seat.
2. The best speakers are round! I don't know why there has been a fascination with 6x9's... even I jumped on the band wagon once and had a custom made pair of DLS 7x10's that I paid good money for them to design bespoke... but when I ran them side by side with some other speakers... the round ones sounded better.

If you want to improve the sound then you can add some L7 subs from the BMW Top Hi-Fi...
If your goal is bass then nothing will truly beat a trunk sub or infinite baffle install...

Let us know how you get on and what you settle for.
Appreciate 0