E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Car hiccups at 4k to 5k rpm

05-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
thealbert
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

Car hiccups at 4k to 5k rpm

Hi guys, I was wondering if you all could give me some feed back.

I got a 10/06 production 335i. After I go for a relatively spirited and harder than my usual commute drive around town, I notice that at around 2nd and 3rd gear at around 4k to 5k rpm, when I release the accelerator (abruptly or gently), I feel the car sort of hiccup. Its very quick and only happens when I release the gas pedal. I tried it on other gears and I wasn't able to replicate it. I was probably going at around 40 to 50 mph when this happens. At first I just thought I just did something wrong with my foot work (manual car here) but it has happened more than once and on the other times, I knew that I wasn't doing anything wrong with my foot work. This doesn't occur when I'm shifting gears when I have my clutch down but only when I let go of the gas pedal. What got me worried was that this doesn't happen often and only happens intermittently. But I noticed it happens more after a hard drive and after my car's reached a running temp of around 260F (and NO, I don't have an oil cooler). At first I thought it was a fuel pump issue but I'm already running on my second fuel pump and the symptoms I got when I had my first pump fail was totally different. Any inputs/comments? Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
thealbert
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

anyone?

Last edited by thealbert; 07-30-2007 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0