E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Current remote coding recommendations?

09-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
samusishere
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Current remote coding recommendations?

Hello everyone!

I recently installed a new adaptive light module, but have been having some trouble with NCS expert and have been fighting off and on with it all weekend. Does anyone know of any current reliable remote coders that would be able to verify all of my software is installed correctly and code the module? I already have quality K+DCAN adapter and power supply.

Huge thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusishere View Post
Hello everyone!

I recently installed a new adaptive light module, but have been having some trouble with NCS expert and have been fighting off and on with it all weekend. Does anyone know of any current reliable remote coders that would be able to verify all of my software is installed correctly and code the module? I already have quality K+DCAN adapter and power supply.

@Joe@TopGearSolutions
      09-04-2018, 04:11 PM   #3
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hello everyone!

Yes, let me know if you still need us to remote in.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 02:05 AM   #4
samusishere
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

I definitely do. I am having the hardest time figuring out this issue :/ Also, is it safe to reprogram a module using ISTA-P and bimmergeeks protool connector? I already had one coder remote in and attempt to fix this issue, he was able to successfully update my FRM with their adapter, but I am conflicted on whether or not it is safe to do so with ISTA.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I definitely do. I am having the hardest time figuring out this issue :/ Also, is it safe to reprogram a module using ISTA-P and bimmergeeks protool connector? I already had one coder remote in and attempt to fix this issue, he was able to successfully update my FRM with their adapter, but I am conflicted on whether or not it is safe to do so with ISTA.
Depends on what modules you have in your car. ISTA can't flash a specific module; rather, it updates every module that has an update.

If you have idrive, that would be a huge problem for you as it's not safe to flash with only a KDCAN cable.
Appreciate 0