E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Vishnu Procede in Australia

09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #67
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Thanks for the link Adrian.

I couldn't work out if the V4 needs a special map for the Z4 35is or does it work out of the box?

Also is it installed in the exact same way a JB3 is?
We have a special map available for the 335is, and I would say the Z4 35is would be the same. Having said that, do we have the 35iS in Australia? I thought we only had the sdrive35i. Either way, we have maps both versions of the engine, so should be fine.

It is installed almost identically to JB3 PnP. Only difference is an extra wire for power.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #68
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Sure we have it in Aus. A few have them already. BMW are bringing in only 25 a year.

The 35is has even more kw and torque than the 335is. Only DCT is available.

I might wait until there is more model specific development for the 35is.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #69
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sure we have it in Aus. A few have them already. BMW are bringing in only 25 a year.

The 35is has even more kw and torque than the 335is. Only DCT is available.

I might wait until there is more model specific development for the 35is.
Can you send me a link to the specs on the 35is. I was of the opinion that there was only 2 states of tune available for th N54, the standard 35i spec and the 35is spec, and the only different is in the ECU tune for the extra power/torque (mechanicals are the same). We support the procede for both states of tune. I would like to support the 3rd spec (and think we should support it with no further mods required), but I know nothing about it at this time.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #70
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Adrian I am looking at a red n54, makes more kw and rwtq than blue n54's, can you do a special map?

I would doubt that the 35is and 335is would have different outputs, unless the 35is needs to due to the extra weight of the Z.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #71
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Sure here are the specs Adrian: http://www.bmw.com.au/faces/jModelCo...97&tab=Pricing

Basically: 250kw at 5,900 rpm (100rpm later than std N54)
and 500nm (from 1500 to 4500 rpm)

The DCT is also supposedly reprogrammed to provide more aggressive shifts, and the steering program is tightened too. Upgraded exhaust. I have one on order.

It makes it as fast as a manual M3. But tests have shown it to be faster, so I am guessing the power specs might be slightly underrated by BMW (I have read it runs up to 14psi boost).

WOPALX: btw a 335i coupe with auto weighs more than the Z4 35is DCT.

I suspect this is the level of tune they will use in the upcoming 1M.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #72
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sure here are the specs Adrian: http://www.bmw.com.au/faces/jModelCo...97&tab=Pricing

Basically: 250kw at 5,900 rpm (100rpm later than std N54)
and 500nm (from 1500 to 4500 rpm)

The DCT is also supposedly reprogrammed to provide more aggressive shifts, and the steering program is tightened too. Upgraded exhaust. I have one on order.

It makes it as fast as a manual M3. But tests have shown it to be faster, so I am guessing the power specs might be slightly underrated by BMW (I have read it runs up to 14psi boost).

WOPALX: btw a 335i coupe with auto weighs more than the Z4 35is DCT.

I suspect this is the level of tune they will use in the upcoming 1M.
Hi Alex,

There is some confusion here. In Australia I don't believe we have the 335iS. We only have the 335i. In USA and some other countries they have the S version. We support the S version and have special maps for it which only need to be slightly altered from the non S version because of our CAN integration we can respond to almost all the changes with the standard map, but the ignition target map it runs is different so we make a few changes for that.

So we support the higher spec S N54 tune. I am 99% sure the Z4 35iS runs exactly the same state of tune as the 335iS, and therefore we have full support for it already. I think you may have misread my earlier post.

Regards,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #73
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

No worries

Yes thats correct the 335is is not available in Aus.

The 335is runs an overboost function like the Z4 35is but only provides 320HP or 238kw so slightly less power than the 35is.

In any case I am sure the Procede would work by overriding the ECU overboost function?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #74
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

That is interesting that they run a slightly higher level of tune in the Z4 iS. As far as we know all N54 versions have the same mechanicals, and only the DME tune differs. We have some very slight differences in our maps for 335iS, and would just need to see a datalog of Procede in order to see the revised ignition targets on the Z4 iS, and we could creat a map in minutes.

You are correct that the Procede would override the ECU overboost function. We would generally be able to run the higher boost levels at all times of high load rather than just at specific overboost times. The N54 is capable of so much more than any of the BMW tunes do with it, and with our Autotune and oil temp monitoring, we bring the boost down when the conditions are such that it would be better to run less boost.

So... if you decided to go with procede once you are ready to go, if we havn't already got a map available it will just be a very simple job to datalog and get a map ready.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 03:49 AM   #75
purifyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Hi guys

I'm just about to purchase a 335i convertible in melbourne (pick up this week), pretty excited. And naturally internet searches have taught me about procede

I was just curious as I can't find anywhere reference to procede and insurance premiums. For people who are using procede (with no other mods), are you telling the insurer? Who are you with? And what difference does it make to the insurance premiums?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #76
jm_540
Australia
Rep
Drives: E70 '10 X5 35i & E65 '06 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by purifyer View Post
Hi guys

I'm just about to purchase a 335i convertible in melbourne (pick up this week), pretty excited. And naturally internet searches have taught me about procede

I was just curious as I can't find anywhere reference to procede and insurance premiums. For people who are using procede (with no other mods), are you telling the insurer? Who are you with? And what difference does it make to the insurance premiums?
I recently purchased a 335i and looked into this too. The only insurance company I could find who would quote online for a modified car was "the buzz" who are an online subsidiary of IAG (parent company of CGU, NRMA etc).
Modifications with them doesn't seem to effect the premium, but the excess increases.

Last edited by jm_540; 09-15-2010 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #77
niel
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Just installed my procede this week. Very happy with the product and service that I received from Adrian. Although the install is pretty straight forward I managed to make a small mistake and Adrian was very helpful in helping me sort it out. Definitely worth it for some local support.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 06:01 AM   #78
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Jerez Black DCT

you in melb
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #79
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep

is southern bm partners with northern bm???
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #80
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

No we are not associated at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #81
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
No we are not associated at all.
I've sent you an email andrew
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #82
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyw8 View Post
I've sent you an email andrew
Just for clarification, I am in Sydney. I service all Sydney customers. I hand any Vic/SA customers to Andrew@SouthernBM. I normally handle QLD, but I have an installer I can call upon if required. Other states can contact me directly and we can sort something out.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #83
DaveR88
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hi Adrian,

Excuse my arrogance and lack of knowledge, i had a quick read through but still have a couple of questions..

I currently own a E92 335i 07' automatic.

I would like to increase the performance (its a bit depressing coming from a turbocharged MX5)

The car only has some after market pipes on it, otherwise its all standard, my only problem with the car is the lack of an LSD and the traction control doesn't let you have any 'real' fun even when you hold down the traction button for 5 seconds, does your ecu have any options to help disengage the traction control completely when your turn it off ?

And how much power on average am i looking at the wheels if i throw in a chip in and how much will it cost fitted ?

i am located in Sydney eastern suburbs...

if you rather reply to e-mail you can contact me on: Dave_rodan@hotmail.com

Thank you, Dave
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #84
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR88 View Post
Hi Adrian,

Excuse my arrogance and lack of knowledge, i had a quick read through but still have a couple of questions..

I currently own a E92 335i 07' automatic.

I would like to increase the performance (its a bit depressing coming from a turbocharged MX5)

The car only has some after market pipes on it, otherwise its all standard, my only problem with the car is the lack of an LSD and the traction control doesn't let you have any 'real' fun even when you hold down the traction button for 5 seconds, does your ecu have any options to help disengage the traction control completely when your turn it off ?

And how much power on average am i looking at the wheels if i throw in a chip in and how much will it cost fitted ?

i am located in Sydney eastern suburbs...

if you rather reply to e-mail you can contact me on: Dave_rodan@hotmail.com

Thank you, Dave
Hi Dave,

The Procede does not alter in any way the traction control os stability control. This would obviously expose us to some liability risk to disable a safety system. However on my car I when I hold the DTC button until I get both systems off, my car seems to be quite "fun". Fun as in I can maintain a sideways slide.

Typically the increase in power would be from stock 185kW ATW to about 225-230kW ATW. The torque increase is even more than this. I can supply and fit the Procede for $1250 inc GST. I do installs at my home in Cherrybrook. It takes about 15-20 minutes no including chat time!!

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #85
DaveR88
Rep

Adrian,

When would you be available for me to do this?

Would you suggest me do anything to the car before hand? i have a budget of around $5k for modifications...

Also can BMW technicians detect this when scanning the ecu ?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #86
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Adrian,

When would you be available for me to do this?

Would you suggest me do anything to the car before hand? i have a budget of around $5k for modifications...

Also can BMW technicians detect this when scanning the ecu ?
I can do this most weeknights and weekend days. There is nothing requried to do to the car before hand, but if you want more power after I would suggest you consider decat pipes and meth injection is the best bang for buck power adders.

BMW cannot detect the Procede IF you put it into valet mode. This turns off the CAN features which cause havoc with the BMW tool if left on. With Valet mode, it drives like stock and does not use CAN, and the only way BMW would detect it is to physically locate the Procede which takes about 10 minutes of work to do.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #87
DaveR88
Rep

Ok, so i can get the ECU done, and then i can add more modifications whenever i like and the ECU will adapt? Sounds great..

If you can send me your contact details i am 100% down!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #88
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so i can get the ECU done, and then i can add more modifications whenever i like and the ECU will adapt? Sounds great..

If you can send me your contact details i am 100% down!
Hi Dave,

The Procede is pretty much the most effective mod you can do. It will add 40-50kW to a standard car. The next thing is the decat pipes. This will add 15-20kW at the top end. Then Meth.... which can add up to 40kW again depending on what boost level you are running, but a safe 20+kW. You can then do FMIC, intake kits, full exhausts that will add 2-10kW each. Of course we also support NOS... but that is generally past what most people will do.

The thing is the Procede can support all these mods. Most it will automatically adjust to. Some just require you to connect to it with a laptop to change some settings. The Procede is very flexible.

I will PM my contact details.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0