Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Best alloys for e90 330i m-sport in Black Sapphire

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
recci
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Best alloys for e90 330i m-sport in Black Sapphire

Just got myself a 2007 pre-face lift but 272bhp 330i M-sport saloon with manual transmission in Black Sapphire. :twisted:

I want to get myself a new set of alloys probably reps as I am not willing to pay over the top for actual bmw wheels. I dont really understand off sets or what spacers are for and I am not planning to change the stock suspension in any way either. I just want a really nice set of alloys that will compliment the car and make it look great without going over the top. And I dont want to have issues with rubbing.

Currently the car has the standard 18" MV3 wheels with non-runflat tyres. They are in great condition, what's the value of those if I should sell them?

I came across a site selling nice BMW style reps such as 19'' Staggered CSL Style Wheels in Hyper Silver. What does Staggered actually mean?

What colour of wheel suits Black Sapphire the best in general?

And what style of wheel looks best on an e90 m-sport saloon?

I quite fancy going with darker wheels but not out right back I still want some shiny chrome effect. So can anybody actually describe what the following colours of wheels actually are:

Hyper Black?

Hyper Silver?

Gun Metal?

Black / Machine Face?

Anthracite?

Matt Graphite?

And which one is probably the closest to dark chrome?

The wheels that have caught my eye the most are 19" Staggered VMR 710 Style Wheels but will these look outrageous on a saloon? I dont want to be too over the top and I want them to fit without any issues.

Sorry for all the questions but I really just want to find the best possible wheels for the car in the best colour and will go with the general consensus. Post pic if possible
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Kid Red
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

I'm in a similar boat and I'm leaning towards gun metal. I would only get black wheels if I could see a silver lip. Silver is too jarring IMO. I also like finishes similar to the style 313 finish which is darker than silver but not quite gunmetal.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
recci
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

I ended up getting my mv3's powder coated in dark gunmetal Gloss. Check them out in my other thread.
Appreciate 0