E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > performance exhaust!

02-13-2024, 11:07 PM   #1
changin
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 335I

performance exhaust!

Is it still possible to get an n54 335i performance exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 06:26 AM   #2
Eriksson042887
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yes, used. It’s not worth it though. For the price of a used 14 year old muffler you can get a nice cat back
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2024, 06:32 AM   #3
changin
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 335I

I've been searching for used items through eBay, but I can't see them.
Can you recommend any other muffler brands?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 07:32 AM   #4
jkline398
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i

I'm about to cut the cat's off and bolt turn downs just for fun and to see how annoying open header n54 may or may not be. I'm a LS guy and love open header SBC's. So I will probably be really disappointed. Anyway i will be looking at exhaust options as my cats are breaking down, so keep us posted!

Edit: I should have hit "next page" before posting my bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
I'm running the stock exhaust with DP's, and secondary cats swapped out for vibrant resonators. Definitely sounds louder that stock, but pretty tame at cruising speeds and on the highway...no drone at all. Nice and tight sounding, not raspy or tin-can sounding. Once you start to get on the gas and the rpms get up over 3K, it really starts to get some volume to it, but still not raspy sounding.

I've heard enough "muffler delete" 335i's to know that I didn't want my car sounding like that.....just to obnoxious and tin-can/raspy sounding.
That's what I'll do after I get annoyed with them cut off.

Last edited by jkline398; 02-18-2024 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: read a post in this
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 08:20 AM   #5
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Don't waste the money. Just build your own setup. I did the PE mod on my mufflers and you can too. It wasn't that hard. I spent <$450 on my exhaust including cat-less DPs.
The only stuff you need is Sawzall, metal cut-off grinder, a muffler shop to weld it, and a can high temp spray paint.

Last edited by Jaronbwall; 02-20-2024 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
oVeRdOsE.2710.00
      02-20-2024, 09:23 AM   #6
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaronbwall View Post
Don't waste the money. Just build your own setup. I did the PE mod on my mufflers and you can too. It wasn't that hard. I spent <$450 on my exhaust including cat-less DPs.
The only stuff you need is Sawzall, metal cut-off grinder, a muffler shop to weld it, and a can high temp spray paint.
I agree, I have a PE exhaust (real one) and sounds like shit, like very very bad. (on DP and OEM mid pipe)

Car and non car people hated it, so do I.

After a very extensive searching to get a nice L6 sound on the N54, Ive opted for a single exit, 3'' with a vibrant resonator.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:28 AM   #7
Jaronbwall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
I agree, I have a PE exhaust (real one) and sounds like shit, like very very bad. (on DP and OEM mid pipe)

Car and non car people hated it, so do I.

After a very extensive searching to get a nice L6 sound on the N54, Ive opted for a single exit, 3'' with a vibrant resonator.
I agree the secondary cat delete (Vibrant resonators install) made the best change in sound. I ran a muffler delete before that so I'm sure the drone took years off my life. LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:37 AM   #8
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I agree the secondary cat delete (Vibrant resonators install) made the best change in sound. I ran a muffler delete before that so I'm sure the drone took years off my life. LOL

I love road trip, and I never owned a silent car, always with exhaust.

Not crazy loud, enough quiet to leave house at 6AM on high gear , low RPM, to avoid police chasing me.

But this year, I went pneumatic valved exhaust, I had enough.
It has an ''auto'' mode, so when the exhaust pressure is great enough, the flap opens (vacuum is reduced, so it valves open by itself)

Ill use only the ''auto'' mode, since the muffler is 3'' , but the bypass is 1.25-1.5''-ish . So really small for a N54 single turbo
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:42 AM   #9
Jaronbwall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
I love road trip, and I never owned a silent car, always with exhaust.

Not crazy loud, enough quiet to leave house at 6AM on high gear , low RPM, to avoid police chasing me.

But this year, I went pneumatic valved exhaust, I had enough.
It has an ''auto'' mode, so when the exhaust pressure is great enough, the flap opens (vacuum is reduced, so it valves open by itself)

Ill use only the ''auto'' mode, since the muffler is 3'' , but the bypass is 1.25-1.5''-ish . So really small for a N54 single turbo
Ohhhh that fancy! Love it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 10:31 AM   #10
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ohhhh that fancy! Love it.
not that much, when I was searching I found a lot of valved exhaust proposition.

and Ive noticed all the brand looked very similar, until I found this was a generic exhaust re-stamped.

like this one : https://valvedexhausts.ca/products/u...-valve-muffler

And you can find the supplier on aliexpress, for half the price.

Know few people with this exhaust, and seems to be reliable.

what will be more fancy, will be when Ill complete the dismantling of the remote and integrate it in the poor push button in the center console.
Appreciate 1