E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > fuel high pressure on enabling on injection

04-30-2023, 07:23 PM   #1
robsonap
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i X-Drive

fuel high pressure on enabling on injection

I've been having a delayed startup randomly for the past couple months but its starting to get more severe. It started as a the engine cranking 2-3 time more then usual but only happened 2-3 times a month. The issue has slowly gotten more common, this past week the car has started to crank literally about 10 times before ignition. The issue now occurs 2-3 times a day but I drive this car for work, 200 miles a day on average, multiple startups throughout the day. I haven't found a way to replicate the issue, but today I took a few logs of starts and of course couldn't get the issue to become present, ill link one below, I also have a shadow code (2bde fuel high pressure on enabling of ignition: pressure too low). I've done some research about this code and haven't found information relevant to my situation. Any ideas? ill link a log of a third pull as well. Thanks!

https://datazap.me/u/robsonap/start?log=0&data=11
https://datazap.me/u/robsonap/data-l...?log=0&data=11
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 04:50 PM   #2
robsonap
United_States
Rep

UPDATE

During work today I was parked for maybe 5 min changing gps locations, and the car stalled. When I restarted it was in limp mode with a check engine light. I turned it off and back on again and limp mode was gone and lights off. Scanned it with mhd these are the codes I got

- DME active codes -
2BCO - Mixture control: Fuel-air mixture too lean.
2BF4 - Rail pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too high before engine start.
2BF8 - Rail pressure sensor, signal:
Permanently stuck.
2C90 - Blow-off valve: Clamped closed.
CDA4 - No message (status reverse gear, Ox3B0), receiver DME, transmitter ARS/FRM.
- DME shadow (inactive) codes - 2BDE Fuel high pressure on enabling of injection:
pressure too low
2BFO Kraftstoffhochdruck bei oder nach Freigabe der Einspritzung (2. Umweltbedingungssatz nach
Zeitverzögerung): Druck zu niedrig
2C42 - Mixture control: Multiple fault.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 05:44 PM   #3
Spooly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport LCI

Sometimes with electrical problems, the car will throw a whole bunch of codes. I would check your battery voltage first, with and without alternator to eliminate that as the potential cause. Then check battery positive cable to the starter, mine wore out and was causing worsening cranks until no crank over the course of months.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 08:05 AM   #4
robsonap
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the advice I’ll give it a try today after work!
Appreciate 0