E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > EDC coding

08-12-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
Jerezblack.m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

EDC coding

maybe i'll have a better luck here since there are more resources here.
anyway, i have an 08' m3 that i want my edc coded out.
can someone help me? i need a step by step on how to do it. I successfully coded out my TPMS by following this video on youtube but i cant find a video about coding the EDC out.

the instructions are here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
To code it you'll need to have a good DCAN cable and a laptop with NCSexpert up and running.

1) Unplug EDC module
2) Remove $233 from VO
3) in KOMBI, set EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER and EDCK_ID_MONITOR to "nicht_aktiv"
4) in CAPPL, set EDC to "nicht_aktiv" (later CIC cars set EDC_CIC to "night_aktiv")

but idk what to do in between
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

The steps you listed are counter productive, if you're going to remove a vehicle order there is no need to individually go into each module and disable lines. Follow the same exact steps as you did with tpms delete if you did VO coding, but instead of removing $2VB, remove $223 (not $233, thats the wrong vehicle order for EDC). FA write it to CAS and NFRM. Then code CIC/CAPPL and Kombi, the coding will write the correct settings per your VO. Make sure to unplug the edc module prior to coding as well, located in the trunk above the battery.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #3
icon2015
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 320d ~200 bhp

I think, you also might need to code the CAS and DSC, and delete its(DSC) shadow error memory. That is just an assumption, I have never did this downgrade. (just an opinion based on some experience I had with modules that transmit and receive data to the DSC) Let us know your results.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
Jerezblack.m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
The steps you listed are counter productive, if you're going to remove a vehicle order there is no need to individually go into each module and disable lines. Follow the same exact steps as you did with tpms delete if you did VO coding, but instead of removing $2VB, remove $223 (not $233, thats the wrong vehicle order for EDC). FA write it to CAS and NFRM. Then code CIC/CAPPL and Kombi, the coding will write the correct settings per your VO. Make sure to unplug the edc module prior to coding as well, located in the trunk above the battery.
There was no $233, good thing I saw this and deleted $223!
I also skipped this step > in CAPPL, set EDC to "nicht_aktiv" (later CIC cars set EDC_CIC to "night_aktiv")

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0