E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Does e90 lci halogens have LHD/RHD switch?

04-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Prixo
Rep
Drives: E91

Question Does e90 lci halogens have LHD/RHD switch?

Hi, so basically title is self-explanatory. I wonder if e90 lci UK halogen headlights have a little switch to change the beam pattern. Maybe someone owns such and would be so kind to check. Thanks
      04-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

It's not explanatory. You mean like this? Euro version has the rear fogs on the right-bottom, but these are the controls. If you're specifically talking about halogens-only cars vs bi-xenon: are you asking if they are separate lights?

EDIT: I think I understand, are you just asking if they have a different control altogether since it's right-hand drive?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #3
Prixo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
It's not explanatory. You mean like this? Euro version has the rear fogs on the right-bottom, but these are the controls. If you're specifically talking about halogens-only cars vs bi-xenon: are you asking if they are separate lights?

EDIT: I think I understand, are you just asking if they have a different control altogether since it's right-hand drive?
Sorry, I probably didn't explain well what I have in mind. I am talking about UK headlights which are made for right-hand drive, therefore using them in Europe would blind others. I heard that lci xenons have a switch in the headlight to be able to drive on eu roads, but I do not know if that is the case with halogen headlights
      04-18-2019, 01:46 AM   #4
Prixo
Rep

Something like that https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440929 Somebody asked about halogen there but there isn't a clear answer about those. I am hoping someone could check
      04-18-2019, 05:04 AM   #5
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prixo View Post
Something like that https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440929 Somebody asked about halogen there but there isn't a clear answer about those. I am hoping someone could check
I'll see. I just got some headlights (and still uninstalled) from EU & UK (long story) so I'll see if its a universal offering.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #6
Prixo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
I'll see. I just got some headlights (and still uninstalled) from EU & UK (long story) so I'll see if its a universal offering.
Would be great! If that happens to be true add a part number. Thanks in advance