E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Aftermarket Turn Indicator On / Blinking

07-12-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
workingonpatience
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 330i

Angry Aftermarket Turn Indicator On / Blinking

Hey guys - new to the forum as I just picked up my 2006 330i. Sorry in advance if there is already a solution to this issue posted - I think I might just not be searching for the right terms, but here is the situation:

My car had the adaptive headlight failure

I decided to pick up new headlights rather than just disable the code and found someone selling some aftermarkets near me

The install was not too bad (a bit overwhelming for a first project for me but all in all, we got there)

I knew some coding would be required and used bimmercode to do the following:
ALC_FAHRZUEG - Nicht Aktive
ALC_KLS_ENABLE - Nicht Aktive
CHECK_SMC_ERROR-Nicht Aktive

I also saw PWM_BLK_V to wert_03 suggested, but it looks like this option doesn't exist for me?

The main issue is that the turn signal on the headlights turns on and kind of pulses when the car is on. When turning they actually work fine, just when running they blink a little. Videos of both linked below incase I am describing this poorly.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Video of Issue
Turn Signal Working
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 03:01 PM   #2
workingonpatience
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 330i

Ok realized that this was because of the light being used as the running light and the turn signal. Was able to fix with USSidemarker
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 09:44 PM   #3
C_lowz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

Just installed the same headlights and I'm having the same issue , turns signal won't stop flickering when I turn on the headlights , any way you can explain how to fix this problem ?.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 11:47 PM   #4
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

OP says the light was used a running light, guessing that what’s happening with yours too.
When it’s a running light, it will receive power constantly and depending on how the light wiring/module is configured, constant power could=constant flashing.

OP mentions “US side marker”.
I think you’ll have to code the FRM and either disable or enable US side market option so the signal only gets power when the signal is activated.
Appreciate 0