E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Idrive/navi disc

06-05-2006, 02:57 AM   #1
booyah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

Idrive/navi disc

Thinking on getting Idrive on my 330 but have a question about the navi...does it use just one disk for all states or does it have muliple disc to use, also do you leave the disc in or just load it and pull it back out?

General question, how does the nav do for you--easy to use and gets you where you need to be without to much fuss..lol
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 03:33 AM   #2
Kamando
Captain
Rep
Drives: -

It is one DVD. You put the disc in and leave it in. The maps are run off of the disc so if you eject it you will lose your guidance. I just finished doing a lot of traveling with my 330i here in Germany and the NAV worked great. Perspective mode was by far the most useful of the map modes. Being able to see exactly which street to turn down really helps in the confusing layout of the cities here. Also while it may be a bit basic compared to other nav systems it did everything I wanted it to and had all the POI's I was looking for.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #3
booyah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

Thanks for the reply! Sounds good to me.

Ooops looked like I stuck it in the wrong spot--it got moved
Appreciate 0