E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Elring E90 N54 valve cover

10-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #67
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneykickin View Post
Yeah, I would try and source some online maybe eBay ones I see for around $150 maybe worth a shot.. the rebuild index 12s or find a junkyard with some older ones in it. I’m running index 12 on bank 1 abs index 5 on bank 2. Dealer before I bought car must have decided to only change out 1 bank instead of both.
DO NOT buy these injectors from eBay for $150.
If you really want to give away free money, please send to my paypal.

Last edited by Wolf 335; 10-20-2022 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
e90yyc2426.50
      10-20-2022, 02:00 PM   #68
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
No, I don’t see any problems in the URO cover I was acually surprised on the quality. The URO gasket did feel slightly loose tucking it into cover so I used very small amount of RTV ultra black to hold it in place on corners etc.

My original plan was to buy the URO cover and than buy a genuine gasket and use that instead of the URO gasket that comes with. BUT if you see in previous comments a person said the material is still the same, it was the OFHG that was changed to the better quality material that’s made in Japan now.

So I decided to stick with the URO supplied gasket. If I have to re do it.. yes I’ll order a genuine gasket and reuse URO cover I just bought if it doesn’t crack on take off, lol.

You CAN not go wrong with URO cover IMO, I went with the one on rock auto. Fcp and ECS have them as well for a little more $$.

You can never go wrong with a genuine valve cover though if you want pony up the $
How can you say that you can not go wrong with a URO cover when you are still leaking oil?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #69
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i / 06 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
DO NOT buy these injectros from eBay for $150.
Thanks for reply, I’ don’t know anything about them.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #70
Pavlo335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
DO NOT buy these injectors from eBay for $150.
LOL no need to worry I’m not planning on buying injectors off ebay. If index 12s from ECS cant be trusted I could only imagine how bad those would be
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 06:34 PM   #71
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo335 View Post
LOL no need to worry I’m not planning on buying injectors off ebay. If index 12s from ECS cant be trusted I could only imagine how bad those would be
That’s so frustrating.. expecually at the price on index 12s. Can they be rebuilt..?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 10:15 PM   #72
Pavlo335
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That’s so frustrating.. expecually at the price on index 12s. Can they be rebuilt..?
Theres a lot of speculation on whether or not these injectors can be refurbished. A lot of people seem to have mixed opinions but no real evidence. I read about a company called injector rehab that tests and services them but no proof that it fixes the leaking. Also the injectors have specific values on them and have to be coded properly when installed. I doubt after being refurbished they will have the exact same values, so I’m hesitant to try going that route. I bought 2 bottles of chevron fuel system cleaner and I’m gonna run them through the car back to back and see if that makes any difference. At the moment they dont seem to be leaking that bad and I can’t absorb the cost of replacing them.

Btw how is your valve cover holding up? I know it was still leaking but is there any update? I have been keeping a close eye on mine and don’t see any leaks anywhere but I had something really strange/alarming happen today. I pulled off my high side oil catch can and remounted it because the way I originally installed it was quite sloppy and I wanted to get it properly mounted. I buttoned the car back up, started it and everything sounded smooth. I ran inside the house while letting it warm up to go for a drive, and when I came back out 5 minutes later the car was making a loud suction noise while idling. I don’t really know how else to describe it but it sounded bad and my first thought was the valve cover wasn’t sealed properly and not suppressing the engine sound. At least it sounded like it was coming from the valve cover. By that time it was dark out and I didn’t want to pull the cowl and engine cover off again so I shut the car off, let it sit for 5 minutes and when I turned it back on the noise was gone. I let the car idle for 10 mins, went for a 30 minute drive and the noise didn’t come back. It was running well too so I have no idea what that was about
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 02:20 PM   #73
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep

That’s odd, valve cover is acually doing just fine. The leak is gone.. put 100 miles on it and don’t see any oil after wiping it off. Which is good.

I also did the oil filter housing gasket and cooler. Went well. No leaks. I do have a small boost leak now tho from my o ring falling out of my charge pipe on reinstall. Lmao found it on garage floor. Going to reinstall that now. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 10:01 PM   #74
Pavlo335
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That’s odd, valve cover is acually doing just fine. The leak is gone.. put 100 miles on it and don’t see any oil after wiping it off. Which is good.

I also did the oil filter housing gasket and cooler. Went well. No leaks. I do have a small boost leak now tho from my o ring falling out of my charge pipe on reinstall. Lmao found it on garage floor. Going to reinstall that now. Lol.
Thats good news I guess that oil must have come from the ofhg then? Definitely looked like it was coming from the valve cover in the photo you posted but who knows with these N54s lol. Glad to hear you’re leak free now.

I drove my car a bunch today and that noise never came back, valve covers definitely not leaking and the car is running great so I have no idea what it was.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 12:37 AM   #75
pacmanchriz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT E93

Quote:

The leak is gone (can you elaborate what you did??) Did you end up doing anything after the pics you uploaded??
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 05:24 AM   #76
insanesam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Put a cheap 100$ valve cover off ebay on at the beginning of the year. 10000km later no leaks, no misfires, car runs perfect. The valve cover itself fit perfectly, only needed to transfer across the beauty cover bracket at the front.
But I did butter up the gasket with permatex ultra copper.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 10:44 AM   #77
erqizz
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Hello all, I’m about to pull the trigger on a valve cover. But have been hard pressed on aftermarkets.

I think I’ve decided on Elring as I’ve heard it’s OEM?

My question is, Partsgeek has it for $254 while fcp and ECS are about $350.00 usd.

What’s the big gap in price?

Also is reinz and victor reinz same company?

Mahle is actually OEM brand for valve cover
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:26 AM   #78
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I ordered the BMW option from FCPRuro, I'm not sure who manufactures it but it's been oil free for the past four years. I buy the BMW options on these items as I don't want to DIY it again.