E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Potentially considering E93 330i - what's out there and what to consider

03-11-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
p1tse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need more space

Potentially considering E93 330i - what's out there and what to consider

I've been looking on the usual selling sites, ebay, autotrader, facebook, gumtree and have seen a few which would have ticked most of the wish list

e93
330i
auto
heated leather
nav
parking sensors
m sport model

budget will be around £5-6k

anyone considering selling up; near Bristol would be good too and ticks the boxes above.

I don't do many mileage hence prefer the petrol, but the 3.0d potential with a remap can't be sniffed at; but i'll also rather not have a loud ticking diesel engine note.

I've seen a few 325i, but the bhp and torque is quite considerably less than a 330i. Some mention a remap gets it to 330i figures, but is irrelevant, as it won't have the power curve and is looking at peak power only.

will be having a good browse on here
      03-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Sir_Dave
Asset Finance Broker
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e91 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
I've seen a few 325i, but the bhp and torque is quite considerably less than a 330i. Some mention a remap gets it to 330i figures, but is irrelevant, as it won't have the power curve and is looking at peak power only.
If you're looking at N53's, the engine is EXACTLY the same, barring the inlet manifold and the map. There are considerably more 325i's available, so i would consider it an option
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
coleybmw335
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335I DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
I've been looking on the usual selling sites, ebay, autotrader, facebook, gumtree and have seen a few which would have ticked most of the wish list

e93
330i
auto
heated leather
nav
parking sensors
m sport model

budget will be around £5-6k

anyone considering selling up; near Bristol would be good too and ticks the boxes above.

I don't do many mileage hence prefer the petrol, but the 3.0d potential with a remap can't be sniffed at; but i'll also rather not have a loud ticking diesel engine note.

will be having a good browse on here
Hi,

If you don't do many miles, Why not consider a 335I or 335D Both are good for remapping.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
basim07
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330i & E90 330D

Mines about to go up for sale but your looking at more than 6k

You won’t get a sorted N53 330i E93 M Sport with the options your wanting cheaper than 7-8k

Mines Carbon Black Metallic M Sport E93, 2008, Auto, Widescreen Nav, Extended Leather, Heated Seats, custom rear section exhaust with performance style diffuser, carbon lip spoiler, drilled and slotted discs all round, discs / pads / gearbox sumo and fluid change / injectors / sparks / coils / nox sensor all done recently
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:32 AM   #5
Jet1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Would you be willing to go for a E92?

I'm considering selling mine soon too. Its a 57 plate E92 msport Auto individual in phoenix yellow with just over 92k on the clock.

Had BMW warranty on it and since ive owned it in the past 3 years its had Alot of the common problems address.

New injectors and coils.
New Water Pump
HPFP replaced
New Radiator
All 6 Mosfets replaced on ECU which can cause complete ECU failure.
New gearbox sump and service
Rocker cover gasket recently replaced too.

I dont want to sell it but i only get a chance to drive on the weekend now.
Appreciate 0