E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Watching movie DVDs with DVD Navigation Screen?

11-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #1
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Watching movie DVDs with DVD Navigation Screen?

I visited Irvine BMW and was told by the Salesperson that the new E90 DVD Navigation System does not allow its users to watch movies as was possible with the older systems. Is it true that the older DVD nav systems allowed for movie watching?

I am certain that with all the legal ramifications, BMW wouldn't want to assume the liability for accidents caused by drivers distracted with watching movies.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

It was also not possible with any older system. Never has been with factory equipment. The only thing that is and was available from factory is a TV tuner that only works when the car ist stationary. But itīs not offered in the US.

There are about a gazillion threads on this topic. If you would try a random search you could not miss them. Wonīt take longer than posting in the first place. Itīll answer all your questions immediately. You just wonīt have the pleasure of hearing your onw voice...