E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E91 Picture Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #3499
E91WAG3N
aka UberSteuer
E91WAG3N's Avatar
United_States
628
Rep
907
Posts

Drives: E91, E91
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel35d View Post
And yes, I actually went FROM black kidneys TO kidneys with chrome edge/black center I think it's a nice contrast on black cars.
I swap between the two looks. Nice to have some contrast sometimes!


--


Did some wagon stuff with both wagons this weekend. One hauling cargo, one hauling kids.

__________________
Instagram @E91WAG3N
Appreciate 5
      01-05-2020, 04:54 PM   #3500
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

^^ Iíve seen the tail delete on the e91. It always looked weird.
Now that itís side by side with your other wagon, I see it makes it look more modern!
Might have to delete mine now.
Appreciate 1
E91WAG3N628.00

      01-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #3501
E91WAG3N
aka UberSteuer
E91WAG3N's Avatar
United_States
628
Rep
907
Posts

Drives: E91, E91
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
^^ Iíve seen the tail delete on the e91. It always looked weird.
Now that itís side by side with your other wagon, I see it makes it look more modern!
Might have to delete mine now.
Ha! Half the time I don't care for it and want the high rails on the black car, then I really like it other days.

It was a factory rail delete soooo I'd have to buy the rails and trim piece and paint to retrofit. The bars are enough to mix up the look once in a while.

For now it stays
__________________
Instagram @E91WAG3N
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #3502
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

Maybe itís just that the black car is closer to the camera, but the window profile and rear end looks taller. With the rails it looks like the rear of the car angles down too much.
It looks good.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #3503
vilord
Major
281
Rep
1,088
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I really like the look of the low profile bars. Not sure where to find them though.
__________________
Jesse
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #3504
daniel35d
Who reads these?
daniel35d's Avatar
Norway
90
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 335d E91
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Yeah the low profile rails looks way better. Hopefully I'll be able to replace my high profile ones eventually.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #3505
nsjames
Brigadier General
1432
Rep
3,268
Posts

Drives: 08 328xi Touring
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ohio

iTrader: (0)

I like my high rails.

post coilover install.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #3506
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
I really like the look of the low profile bars. Not sure where to find them though.
Wait till an unsuspecting eBay seller posts them up for dirt cheap.
Iíve only see the low profile on 2011 models.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #3507
86Zed
Get off my lawn
86Zed's Avatar
United_States
450
Rep
745
Posts

Drives: 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Wait till an unsuspecting eBay seller posts them up for dirt cheap.
Iíve only see the low profile on 2011 models.
Lots of dismantled or salvaged cars, check craigslist and the like.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 06:48 PM   #3508
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Lots of dismantled or salvaged cars, check craigslist and the like.
Not a lot of 2011 e91 being dismantled though.
Reason why I said, he will have to wait till someone dismantles one and puts it on eBay.

I believe this is the listing for the low profile rails, new.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202802602563

Last edited by Serf27; 01-08-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #3509
Doumatjee456
Registered
Doumatjee456's Avatar
Netherlands
11
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Bmw e91 335d
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Some pics of my 2011 335d
Attached Images
     
__________________
Bmw e91 335d 2011
Appreciate 7
      01-12-2020, 10:41 PM   #3510
E91WAG3N
aka UberSteuer
E91WAG3N's Avatar
United_States
628
Rep
907
Posts

Drives: E91, E91
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (1)

__________________
Instagram @E91WAG3N
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2020, 08:27 PM   #3511
Barrique91
First Lieutenant
Barrique91's Avatar
350
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2006 325xi Touring 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Idaho, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
An actual snowstorm came
Attached Images
 
__________________
325xi Touring - 6MT - Sport Package
Appreciate 4
      01-13-2020, 11:57 PM   #3512
flgfish
Private First Class
flgfish's Avatar
119
Rep
135
Posts

Drives: 2012 E91, 2015 911 C2
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrique91 View Post
An actual snowstorm came
I love this color.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 12:06 AM   #3513
Barrique91
First Lieutenant
Barrique91's Avatar
350
Rep
307
Posts

Drives: 2006 325xi Touring 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Idaho, USA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flgfish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrique91 View Post
An actual snowstorm came
I love this color.
Thank you, me too!
__________________
325xi Touring - 6MT - Sport Package
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:27 AM   #3514
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

Are these the umbrella hooks under the cargo cover I have seen some of you mention?
Attached Images
 
__________________
E90 335i 383WHP/433TQ.
E70 X5 35i M Sport Package.
E91 328XIT M Sport Package.
E91 328XITóE91 328i
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:24 AM   #3515
vilord
Major
281
Rep
1,088
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Nope.
On the cover that you pull over the cargo area, on the top it has that net/divider you can pull up... well on the bottom of it on the early ones (possibly just 2006?) there is a spring-loaded clip that can clamp onto an umbrella.

There are 3 different part numbers in each color, and they each have slight differences.
For black:
51477131806 for 2006 and early 2007
51479152047 for late 2007 through early 2009
51477261926 late 2009-2012

Early covers have a clip underneath for holding an umbrella, late covers removed this.

Late covers have a triangular slide bit that engages a notch in the roof to stay in place, early covers used a narrower slot and had just a small metal bearing to slide in the slot.

I've had a 2006 cover before in my 2007 car, it would frequently and annoyingly slide itself up blocking my back window just from going over potholes.
__________________
Jesse

Last edited by vilord; 01-14-2020 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #3516
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
235
Rep
721
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

I will take a look at mine today and see if I have the spring clip for the umbrella. Curious to see what it looks like.
I thought all the cargo covers were the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 11:21 AM   #3517
vilord
Major
281
Rep
1,088
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Pictures of the umbrella clip and the different end slide things.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Jesse
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 01:44 PM   #3518
///Mik3
gonna miss the M, but the wagon is sweet!
///Mik3's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: 2009 328i Wagon
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ///Mik3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Nope.
On the cover that you pull over the cargo area, on the top it has that net/divider you can pull up... well on the bottom of it on the early ones (possibly just 2006?) there is a spring-loaded clip that can clamp onto an umbrella.

There are 3 different part numbers in each color, and they each have slight differences.
For black:
51477131806 for 2006 and early 2007
51479152047 for late 2007 through early 2009
51477261926 late 2009-2012

Early covers have a clip underneath for holding an umbrella, late covers removed this.

Late covers have a triangular slide bit that engages a notch in the roof to stay in place, early covers used a narrower slot and had just a small metal bearing to slide in the slot.

I've had a 2006 cover before in my 2007 car, it would frequently and annoyingly slide itself up blocking my back window just from going over potholes.
My '09 (lci) came with the older style cover with the umbrella clamp and the round bar ends, not sure when it switched over.

Speaking of which. These days it doesn't seem to want to pop up automatically when the glass hatch is opened. I kinda gotta give it a tap to get it to flip up. Any ideas? I tried silicon spray on the bar ends. didn't help any.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 02:05 PM   #3519
siml
New Member
23
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 330d
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Estonia

iTrader: (0)

You can follow this build from instagram also.
https://www.instagram.com/sakhir_e91/






Appreciate 9
      01-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #3520
vilord
Major
281
Rep
1,088
Posts

Drives: Too many
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
siml What a beauty! Great work!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mik3 View Post
My '09 (lci) came with the older style cover with the umbrella clamp and the round bar ends, not sure when it switched over.

Speaking of which. These days it doesn't seem to want to pop up automatically when the glass hatch is opened. I kinda gotta give it a tap to get it to flip up. Any ideas? I tried silicon spray on the bar ends. didn't help any.
The changeover happened around 03/2009 if I read RealOEM right. The cover that came with my 02/2009 also doesn't automatically go up without a nudge. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. It has the round ends, and an umbrella clip too.

The 2010 cover I have with the triangle ends must be flipped up every time, they removed the automatic function. It has no umbrella clip.

The 2006 cover that I sold actually had smaller round ends than the 2009 cover I have now... Yay refinements?
__________________
Jesse
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
клёвые сараи, фото

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST