E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Headlamp washer relay

06-12-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
Rush 335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Headlamp washer relay

Hi,

I’m trying to find a way to control the headlight washer manually, by tapping the relay. However on my glove box there is only one green relay on the left, which I believe is for the windscreen, not the headlamps, unless they are shared somehow?

My glove box is the version where the fuse puller is stored vertically, will try and get a pic up tomorrow. All my attempts to search come up with a fuse location, or an older / different fuse box style.

Does anyone know where it is located, or any other way I can get the pump to activate on command? ( and for as long as I want it to? - trying to use the pump for an intercooler mist system

Tia
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
Rush 335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bump.

relay labeled k6 is normally in the glove box, but can’t find it there at all. Wiring diagrams for my specific production run still show the relay as part of the city hit but I still can’t figure out where the physical thing is!! Help please
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #3
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

According to the info I have, k6 is on the right hand side of the fuse box immediately above relay k6304 for the auxillary air pump and below the 30g relay, i.e. on the opposite side of the fuse box to the wiper relays. Note also it is only half the height of the other two relays on that side of the fuse box and dark in colour; sorry I cannot be more specific but the photo is black and white!

From the circuit diagram it appears only to switch supply to fuse 43, 46 or 48 depending on the year of manufacture. If you can work out which fuse your car is using you could just put supply to that to make the headlamp washer pump run if you really don't have k6.
Appreciate 0