E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Intake flapping about - any serious parts spotters out there?

02-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
ALF_E90
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i - see classifieds...

Intake flapping about - any serious parts spotters out there?

I filled up with washer fluid today and noticed that part of the air intake was loose (see below) at the junction I have circled. The smaller circle under the "C" is a square in the rubber that locates, but the other end (labelled "C") of this has broken.

The whole area "B" is flapping about a bit as the rubber junction circled and labelled "D" at the bottom does not seem to be doing its job either.

Can you just get the rubber junction or do you need the whole of part "A" - the first bit of the intake?

I'm pretty sure none of this was flapping about before I took it to the main dealer last week to have the faulty coil pack repaired, but I guess for the price of a bit of rubber it is not worth the drive back to be told "no, sir, you must be wrong, we don't make mistakes". As always with me and car dealers they are distinctly not local, and I use the car so much I'd rather just sort it out myself. So far, for me, BMW dealers are seeming awfully like Alfa ones. And that's before Alfa binned most of them...

If anyone can point me towards whether I can buy just the junction or need the whole of part "A" and where I can it from, I'd appreciate it

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

According to www.RealOEM.com, the part A comes as one piece unfortunately (part number 13717541737).

Have a look yourself, with your actual car details.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
ALF_E90
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330i - see classifieds...

Thanks, I'll have a look. I have not yet worked out where to get BMW stuff - all my Alfa bits came from an alfa-only place and they were great.

The rubber mount I have labelled "D" is an odd thing - if it was working properly (as it is at the other end) it would be holding the airbox in a better position... I'm not sure if the bolt needs to come out to sort this, it looks like the bolt does something else.

At least this car takes the air from nice and high up - the Alfa took it from a round hole down by the nearside fog light - about as low as it could be. Great for ram-air effect, awful for driving in standing water...
Appreciate 0