E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Heated Seat Retrofit

01-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #265
dj_aivan
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you should not only add heated seat option to VO but to code modules using that VO, IHKA,JBE,SMFA
Please provide instructions on how to encode the passenger seat. Driver's Affairs. What is the code that needs to be added to the VO. I have D-Kan cable and inpa with NCS Expert. I've linked everything to the schematics, but I don't know how to code them. Again, I ask for a detailed instruction
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 05:30 AM   #266
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_aivan View Post
Please provide instructions on how to encode the passenger seat. Driver's Affairs. What is the code that needs to be added to the VO. I have D-Kan cable and inpa with NCS Expert. I've linked everything to the schematics, but I don't know how to code them. Again, I ask for a detailed instruction
this problem was discussed on that forum many times
please dig "coding" section of the forum to learn to to code options and after that dig seat retrofit/upgrades topics on info how to upgrade seats
      04-15-2020, 01:01 PM   #267
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Found some E92 manual seats I want to retrofit to my LCI E82 with power/heated seats. From what I understand it should be plug and play.

But, the seller doesn't know if they're heated. Is there a way I can find this out? I'm assuming they don't have the car otherwise we could just check the dash for heat buttons.
      05-30-2022, 05:45 AM   #268
Nickdot
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335d & Megane 225 Trophy

Just to dig this thread up from the depths...

Could anyone potentially shed some light on the following that I haven't seen covered?

Upgrading from LCI Manual Sport Seats, to LCI Partial Electric Sport Seats with Heat.
There is no need for K_CAN, so I have run an additional power, ground, PWM signal to the JBE and the additional small gauge wire into the fusebox at X11001 position 10 - to each seat.

So my car-loom looks like so;

However, when the new seats arrived, there is a pin in pin 9 on both seat connectors - something my car-side loom does not have.
The seat connector looks like so;

I'm going to run this in properly, back to the fusebox - but does anyone know what fuses I'm needing to plumb in?
I have added fuses in 45/46 for what I believe is the seat heating modules (no seat modules on these seats).

I cannot find any information about this - most retrofits need the car-side connector re-pinning from 9 to 4, not an additional in 9.
Ideally I don't want to use tap connectors, I'm going to wire it in to the fusebox, as the car will be in pieces anyway.

Any advice would be great
Appreciate 0