E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > K+DAN Cable no longer found! What do I do now?

07-29-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
hotbox
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335is

Exclamation K+DAN Cable no longer found! What do I do now?

Last week I got a new CIC unit to replace the one that failed in my car, I was able to communicate to the car through INPA and NSC expert initially but after check to see if the cable could connect to the car I stepped on the cable cracking the OBD port.

Now I can't connect to the car, I tried a new cable with no luck, tried a know good code reader which didn't work, checked the fuse for the OBD which was good, and checked to see if the OBD pins/wires were damaged but everything looks good. The only damage I can find is a crack on the mounting bracket for the OBD port! I can't find anything else on the forums that would cause a complete loss of communication.

What can it be, I am a little lost and getting frustrated trying to troubleshoot. Hopefully someone might be able to give me some insight as to what is broken!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I would get a new plastic OBD port terminator and move the female pins over to it one at a time.

You will likely find one or more broken pins while you do this that can be fixed.

Just don't ground anything while doing this and better still disconnect the car battery.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
hotbox
United_States
Rep

Thanks opjose, I already checked the connections but might as well replace the damaged OBD housing to see if there are any damaged pins I din't see the first time.

Is there anything else I can look into until the parts arrive?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
hotbox
United_States
Rep

This was it, thanks
Appreciate 0